Scotland in early Feb 2019

Hi Dave,

Also just sent. ref Danny Tompkins nlm

D

Receipt confirmed Danny
Thats halfway. Need @Ladislav, @Mattia & @katy_c

Sorry Dave - donā€™t have my card reader on me! Will get this over later this eve - probably circa 9.30/10!

Thanks for chasing/sorting :slight_smile:

Will do today, sorry for the delay

Just for clarification I need Ā£110 each for now

Sent the money, sorry, didnā€™t see the forum until now.

Thanks Mattia & Lada, I just need Katy now. So hopefully I can book it today

All done :slight_smile: Ref is Katy Chappell - sorry for the delay!

1 Like

Confirmed. Iā€™m now trying to arrange payment with Crubenmore Lodge and will confirm when its done

Missing: Winter. Reward for itā€™s safe return.

Hope itā€™s found before the meet.

1 Like

Not missing; its taking the long way around to Scotland, currently in Austria and due to arrive late next week :pray:

Amazing - thanks for all your efforts with this, Dave! Really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Yes ditto to that thanks Dave!

So weā€™re all sorted and booked from Sunday 3rd (flexible arrival) and leaving Friday 8th (out by 10:00). we have room for several more people to join us

Were staying at CRUBENMORE LODGE,
NEWTONMORE, PH20 1BE
**INFO FOR DAVE WILLS.docx (9.1 KB)

DIRECTIONS
Do not rely entirely on SatNav as the postcode covers a large geographical area.

From the A9, Crubenmore is well signposted just south of the Newtonmore and Ralia CafƩ turnoffs, about 4 miles north of Dalwhinnie, on a dual-carriageway section of the A9.

Follow the sign for Crubenmore and turn off the A9 onto a small road.

Crubenmore Lodge is about one mile along this road, in a large stand of pine trees on the right.

See the linked doc above for info about the facilities.

1 Like

Sorry Mattia, just realised I never replied to this. My 3 series is probably not as roomy as yours? But happy to take mine. Just let me know what works and then I can work out any insurance details if necessary :smiley: ā€¦ am I right in thinking its you, me & Danny so far driving up from London together?

If you have a spot, Iā€™d love to get a ride as well. Happy to pay my share of petrol and all that of course!

Hello Katy. 3 series sounds really comfy but I suppose itā€™s a saloon version rather than station wagon. If we go for my car Iā€™ll talk to my insurance to see if they can put you on there as an additional driver. Shouldnā€™t be a problem.
You donā€™t happen to have snow chains? I was in Glencoe a year ago in a hire car and was slipping all over the place. Told myself Iā€™ll be better equipped next time.
Ladislav, I should think we can accommodate a fourth person. If we are a little organised with luggage there should be enough space for the 4 of us.

Hi all,
This will be my first trip with the club so is there anything I should bring beyond the essentials? Rope and harness? And does someone have maps and route guides for the area? Iā€™m happy to buy them but if someone has then Iā€™d rather not buy them unecessarily.

Thanks

Danny

Awesome, Iā€™ll consider that sorted them and weā€™ll figure out the details closer to the event.

@DannyTompkins, and this applies to all.
I suggest you refresh your navigation (especially in whiteout conditions) and avalanche awareness. Youā€™ll need full winter / foul weather clothing; spare gloves recommended (& goggles can be a godsend too). Axes, crampons, slings and other climbing gear. Helmet ! Compass!
I have a variety of guide books (multiple coverage for some areas but not sure about the Gorms) and a map, BUT, we wont just be one party so need at least a couple between us.
A thermos is a nice addition too. Start a list now, i guarantee itā€™ll grow as you think about it.
Iā€™m also going to throw in rock shoes and chalk bag in case i want a day out of the weather.

Donā€™t forget sleeping bag and towel