Spring working meet 23-24 March

I am coming too. I have updated the spreadsheet. I expect to have my car, but it is being serviced today, so will update details once I get it back (fingers crossed).

1 Like

Hi, Peter. Do you mind counting me in in your car?

Fine by me Vilius.

I’m in! Will be staying on afterwards to do some pottering about in the woods.

Okay if I join the Oakwood brigade?

Yes, fine with me.

Happy to help cook on Saturday… not much use at breakfasts though…

1 Like

My car has issues, so I am looking for a lift.

Confirming lifts/catering for the weekend. Please let me know if any of the following doesn’t work for you. I’m also at Mile End Wall this evening.

Sat/Sun breakfasts Lead Chef: @MattGee
Assistant: @jo_keogh

Saturday communal dinner Lead Chef: @ypsell
Assistant: Volunteers needed please to do Yvonne’s bidding :slight_smile:

Driver: @adam_b
Passengers: @Sergio_m_a_c, @toby

Driver: @Peter
Passengers: @Vilius, @dabarlow, @jobangles

Driver: @lindamind
Passenger: @MattGee

Driver: @notgnarly
Passenger: @jo_keogh

There’s an outside chance I’ll join on Saturday evening (with +1). Don’t worry about feeding me. If there are jobs remaining on Sunday morning I’ll pitch in.

1 Like

Great to have everyone coming, thank you.
A reminder of the format… Turn up when you can, but most will be late Friday night. Please leave as much gear/climbing stuff in the car park or barn, the cottage will be rammed and we need to clean it. Sleeping kit in Cottage only please.

8am ish Saturday morning, Matt and Jo cook a communal breakfast of sausages/bacon/eggs in baps. MILK TEA AND COFFEE wil be provided.
Then a briefing on what we’re doing/safety stuff
Saturday is deep clean on both properties, plus taking rubbish and old fridge down to the lay by for the skip van, plus lots of other jobs.
Saturday evening is a hearty communal meal and pudding, bring your own booze.
Sunday breakfast is provided again.
If we get everything done on Saturday (quite possible) then Sunday is clean up and go climbing. EVERYONE helps, no fucking off early.

1 Like

Need two volunteers for a laundry run…
and one or two to help Yvonne on the saturday afternoon cooking…
cheers

Could you organise which chairs are to be thrown out as I will arrive with the sofa around 12:30 as I pick the hire van up at 09:00. On my last visit to the cottage I measured up and the sofa will fit from the kitchen door to the corner…

1 Like

Hi all,

Sadly I’m no longer able to go this weekend

I will take myself from the spreadsheet

Sérgio

When did the idea of a sofa emerge?

I hope two large comfy chair sets aren’t scheduled for retirement

Hi Dale, will do on Thursday night, they’ll be going down the hill to be taken to the dump cheers

sorry to hear that Sergio, catch up later

We thought it might annoy you Richard!

Yes. A sofa is not flexible for seating. We discussed fixed seating some years ago and the idea was dismissed.

Yvonne donated it…some of the funiture needs a little upgrade

1 Like