Peak District Bouldering meet

+1 for curry

I wish I could come along, it already sounds fun! Thereā€™s a newish deli there that does boss scotch eggs. Also please someone ride the tuk tuk on my behalf.

ā€œRide the tuk tukā€

A euphemism if ever I heard one.

arf.
Howeverā€¦

Bangkok eat your heart out! Curryā€™s fine with me.

Hi guys. Sounds awesome! I am coming from thornton heath in the morning. What time pick up? Probs easier for me to get into london for lift with Guy if you have space? If not do you have space peter?

Yes I have space Martin, youā€™re welcome.

Regards

Peter

Thanks peter. But bagged a lift with Catrin and Guy. They can kindly pick me up from Victoria. See you saturday for some light bouldering followed by serious rugby watching!

1 Like

Whatā€™s the venue choice at the moment? Iā€™m quite keen to head to Burbage West, north or curbar.

I was thinking burbage as there seems to be a fair amount there

Burbage North or South? North looks like it has more hard problems but South is full of nice landings and easily-accessed boulders.

Also the forecast right now is literally for snow. Just saying.

Lies.

Iā€™m far keener for north or west personally. Spent a lot of time over the years at South so not got loads I want to pull on to there. Unless we have many many pads, I want to pull onto a highball

1 Like

How friendly is Burbage north/west? Iā€™m happy with that if there is a good spread of stuff and decent landingsā€¦!

Guy

Burbage North looks like a good bet judging by the Rockfax guidebook - thereā€™s a great looking red circuit there for a start

1 Like

Burbage West it not mega friendly unless youā€™re in the mid 7sā€¦

North has some decent 6s but again nice in the 7sā€¦ boyager, monochrome etc.

South has lots and lots of stuff at a big range which much nicer landings.

Canā€™t comment on the circuit as Iā€™ve never looked at the rockfax guide.

Will also have to have a look at the wind direction as north can get extremely cold very quickly

I think sheltered from the wind and in the sun is an absolute must for this weekend!

Wind looks to be coming from North / North West, but could always change later in the week.

Why donā€™t we go for Curbar? Good range it seems so we could all be in the same place. Itā€™s also a very nice place