Peak District Bouldering meet

Confirmed :+1:

I have just realised that the Six Nations rugby starts that weekend, so I may have a desire to head to a suitable pub late afternoon on Saturday, to watch England play Ireland :blush:

1 Like

Iā€™d be up for that!

I might be able to day trip for the Sunday. Will try to drag @Kate_Davis alongā€¦

Ok guys I will investigate Bunkhouse for Saturday night.

And yes Peter Rugby is a great shout. It will likely be cold and dark by the time it comes on anyway.

Guy

Keep us posted on venue decision, easy day trip for us

@PaulSagar Could I have a ride?

Fo sure. Leave Saturday AM.

I am due to be out for a little stroll on Saturday, and may pop in to the pub for meal and saying hi later (as long as I donā€™t disrupt the rugby :smiley:) so please post which pub you end up at if at all.
Cheers

Hi team,

Itā€™s Ā£15 a night at the thorpe farm bunkhouse near Hathersage. Shall I pull the trigger for Saturday night? Iā€™m sure thereā€™s somewhere that shows the rugby in Hathersage.

I would be booking for five which I think would be:
Me
Catrin
Martin
Peter
Laura

Guy

Bamford one looks a bit nicer and Bamford looks a bit nicer but they wonā€™t pick up the phone

Thanks Guy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Little John Hotel in Hathersage have told me that they will be showing the rugby and they do food (huge portions of basic fare when I was last there, but that was ages ago).

I also note that the current forecast says -2degrees AM & 0degrees PM, with feel-like temps of -7 & -4, but with completely blue skies! So South-facing boulder faces only!

A week is a long time in meteorological predictions.

The Little John is fairly described as serving ā€œhugely generous portions of nearly inedible foodā€! I am no food snob but I avoid itā€¦
However if you are staying at Thorpe Farm and want to walk back to there then it is probably the most sensible choice (and maybe the food and service has improved?)

Last time I was forced to have chips there (peer pressure) it was like eating heated-up papier-mĆ¢chĆ©. You have been warned :smiley:

I guess we could always just watch the rugby there and then eat somewhere else.

Another alternative might be to go to the Shoulder of Mutton at Bradwell instead; they said that they are probably showing it, depending on what the people in the pub at the time want to watch; but thatā€™s a ten minute drive away.

Right weā€™re all booked into the bunkhouse for the Saturday night.

There must be somewhere else we could eat in Hathersage if we watch the Rugby there. Fish and chips?

Thereā€™s other pubs and the George hotel, 2 Indian places (Sangams and Maazi) and the old bank on the main road has now been converted into a restaurant

Good show Guy. I donā€™t believe thereā€™s a fish & chips shop, but there are a couple of other pubs & a curry place; I guess booking would be advisable for Sat evening.

I will investigate and book somewhere. Personally i think curry is an excellent plan