Peak Bouldering Meet 2022

Hi all, a couple of updates from me!

Regarding payment. I’m not taking deposits because Ive decided you’re a trustworthy bunch, the hut was always booked for 14 and we currently have one bed free. On the off chance that gets filled last minute I’m not taking payment yet so I can bring everyones cost down slightly. Aren’t y’all lucky :innocent: If youre name is currently on the spreadsheet then consider yourself committed!

Re food, it’ll be bring your own butties for lunch and breakfast, communal pork pies encouraged. Ill try to book one of the pubs tomorrow but in my experience they dont like catering for masive groups. The curry house on the other hand is fantastic and has done me proud on big bookings in the past so that will be my fallback plan. Any complaints about the choice of food should be written down, folded neatly, and deposited into your nearest waste paper bin :slightly_smiling_face:

Finally Roman is correct, the hut has pillows and sheets, but you’ll need your own sleeping bag.

Thanks all for sorting yourselves into cars, and I look forward to seeing everyone’s smiling faces on Friday night!

2 Likes

Any ideas about venue for Saturday yet? Forecast looks like it might actually be decent but all the rain recently makes me think we want somewhere that dries out quickly nonetheless. Also, a nice spread of grades with good landings. And maybe a soft V6. Plus a unicorn.

1 Like

burbage north & south might be a good shout as it can be like a wind tunnel if its in the right direction, although likely to be rammed. curbar too but some of the boulders might be too sheltered

1 Like

Friday is forecast to be sunny and should be enough to dry out most venues.

Grade range is going to be your main choice factor

I’d be up for Curbar. There’s a lot to go at there. Could open the account on Gorilla Warfare…

Wherever you decide to go you will have to be early. Peak car parking is a major problem at weekends. It’s not great even in the week now since Covid.

agreed, i think maybe some non-popular venues might be a good shout? Depending on how long people want to walk in for

1 Like

I’d be up for Curbar and / or Stanage P if parking isn’t an issue.

Binit - any suggestions on less popular venues?

Bamford looks like it has some absolute crackers but not a massive grade spread, mostly in the 7s.
Gardoms might be slightly less busy that the normal venues but likely alot won’t be dry as rain forecast most of the week until Thursday and alot of it is pretty sheltered / in the trees.

Stanage P has loads obviously but I reckon will be mega mega busy, especially if it’s the first weekend that’s been dry in almost a month

Car park for Stanage P is Pay and Display

guys, whats all this talk of cars…thorpe bunkhouse is only an hour warm up walk to gods own crag!

2 Likes

So that’s why you park on the road next to it @Haszko

The Park strongly discourages that.

1 Like

There are signs saying don’t park on verge. Also wardens are being more active, there have been warnings on my FB climbing groups that people have been handed parking fines (£25 IIRC)

Best go to bouldering at Awesome Walls. Dry and no parking problems. Or get up real early. Usually possible to get somewhere around Fox House for Burbage South.

The Climbing Works is better for bouldering than Awesome Walls…

The road just above the Fox House normally has space, from where you can access Burbage South Valley boulders

2 Likes

Burbage South Valley Boulders looks ace. Low level is good for this time of year I reckon! How long is the walk in David?

1 Like

If you can park near Fox House it’s a long way: at least 20 minutes.

Shorter if you go direct .unless you’re a slow walker ,but you’d be blown there at a fast pace with a boulder mat on your back .