Peak Bouldering Meet 2022

Under those circumstances the return might be an hour!

Park up here and it’s about 15min. Although I reckon it will be rammed by 9am. Also the boulders will be quite busy too.

Yep

Sport climbing in horseshoe quarry, anyone?

I’ve tweaked my shoulder training yesterday, may have to give saturday a miss if it’s not feeling better tomorrow eve. Got a Font trip coming up in a few weeks so don’t want to make it worse this close to it.

Hi all, bad news from me too. I also have injured my shoulder so I don’t think it would be wise to boulder this weekend. Super sorry, was very keen to come. :frowning:

Horseshoe is good and dried quickly but will be busy. Same advice for anywhere in the Peak at weekends: start early. I’m lucky being old and retired so can out in the week. But that’s the only good thing.

not really much bouldering in horseshoe :wink:

Some places which will be quiet are the esoteric limestone bouldering areas just outside of the peak (Not Stoney, raventor etc). But have to be operating in the 7’s to get much done.

1 Like

I’m basically happy to go wherever others want to go, but would be cool if a decision were made by Friday evening so I can park up at the relevant car park and sleep there to guarantee a parking spot! I could also park across three spaces so as to save others a couple…

FWIW I vote Curbar, though in total ignorance of the parking situation

Curbar parking is shocking from what I remember, maybe space for 5 cars across a couple of road side spots. Would love to go their too though.

Guess we’ll attempt to come to a consensus when we get to the bunkhouse

My vote is for Burbage South Valley Boulders.

1 Like

Mine also, or least somewhere in Burbage Valley. Of course we don’t all have to go to the same place…

1 Like

There’s a whole car park at the top of the hill for curbar? Pay and display, but I don’t remember it being ridiculous.

Hello! I have never been to the Peak district before, so I will be happy to go anywhere (sorry it is not helping for making a decision)!

There is a car park at the top of Curbar. If it is Pay and Display there is no legal requirement, it’s optional. However, it fills up very quickly.

Ah, excellent, wasn’t aware of that

Every time I’ve been there, it’s normally packed first thing as it also deals with baslow too.

It’s fine and sunny up here today, which is a nice change from yesterday’s sun/snow/cloud every 5 minutes.

I hope you all have a great time - gutted I can’t make it this time. This little lady is keeping me at home… she’ll be a crag dog soon enough.

Last time I went to the Peak for some bouldering it was raining. The only place that was dry was Raven Tor so we went there. It so happened that we weren’t the only ones with that idea. We met Jonny Dawes, Will Bosi and Hazel Findlay that morning all climbing away in the dry. Not gonna lie, I showed them some moves.

6 Likes