New Members Meet 9-10 April 2022

Hi Charlie, I’m sure that would be ok!

Awesome!
Re: breakfast - shall I still sort that out? If so, I’m thinking of buying the following (bearing in mind there’s x2 breakfasts):

x4 dozen eggs
x12 cans of baked beans
x50 sausages
x8 loaves of bread
x2 bars of butter
x40 rashers of bacon

x1kg of porridge oats
x6 litres of oat milk
c20 bananas chopped for porridge toppings.

How does that sounds? Let me know if I need to add/delete/increase/decrease anything…

I’ll place an online grocery shop for later this week.

Roland

1 Like

Sounds great Roland. Could you add a few more veggie options in too, maybe veggie sausages or whatever veggies prefer?! Haloumi?

2 Likes

Hello Holly.
My name is Joao.
My friend put my name in the spreadsheet for the upcoming trip a couple of weeks ago now and as a place became available at some point I was moved up the list and was quite excited at the prospect of joining the trip.
I subsequently made personal arrangements to be free this coming weekend only to find out today that my name was moved down again to the waiting list without warning. Is this normal?
Thank you very much for your help and have a good week ahead!

Joao

Hi João

2 people have pulled out of the trip over the weekend so your place is confirmed. Have you been to the Castle yet to meet any of our existing members? It’s a condition of coming on the trip
Thanks
Holly

Hi Holly,
That’s great to hear thank you for coming back to me so quickly on this.
I was told the club meets at the castle on Mondays so I was planning to be there today from 18h30 onwards. I hope this is ok.
Best
Joao

Great, yes I’ll be there tonight too, see you there

For anyone who wants to sleep in the barn, please head back up to the cottage for the communal breakfasts (unless you’d prefer to make your own!). Having 2 separate communal breakfasts in each property is a huge palava. Also having everyone together in the mornings will help in the sorting out where people will be going for the day. :v:

We may need to bring a table, chairs and more crockery up from the Barn…there’s more seating and table space in the Barn but less hob space and crockery etc

Hello!
In regards to sleeping (in the barn or cottage) will there be beds for everyone or do you need to bring your own mat or something to sleep on the floor?

Thank you

That’s true. Saturday dinner can be in the barn then as before

1 Like

There are beds in both but you need to bring a sleeping bag.

Hi Holly, a few years ago I think we wrote a quick guide to staying at the Barn and Cottage for new members? It may be worth trying to find and attaching to these posts as it explained what was there/what wasn’t and made it easier to pack/know what to expect up there for first time visitors, as well as things like hut etiquette and cleaning.

Have a great trip.

2 Likes

I saw a couple of people mention that they were interested in doing some longer mountain style routes like amphitheatre buttress. Is there still interest in this? If so, then I’ll bring my boots.

@IanS I’d definitely be interested in that! :slight_smile:

Ooh that would be good. @PaulSagar @jrtomlins do you know where this might be?

I’m thinking of heading North on, say Thursday Evening. Is anyone up for extending their trip around a day? If it’s just one person I’ll likely put a bouldering mat in as well as trad gear and we could maybe do something on the way in.

@IanS I’d definitely be game for that if nobody else is and the weather’s okay. I’ve never done the route.

About diner.

I have counted 19 people with no dietary restrictions, 1 flexi, 5 veggies and Alex E who said he is bringing his own food.

For the veggies, do you want meat replacement or only beans/vegetables?

I will do the shopping on Friday afternoon before hitting the road so you have 2 more days to let me know.

Cheers!

Don’t forget pudding! Perhaps some others could offer to make it/buy it etc … :pray:

@IanS yeah I’m extremely keen to do Amphitheater Butress or similar!
When you say boots, do you mean walking boots?