New Members Meet 9-10 April 2022

New Members Meet April 2022

Roll up roll up for the New Members Meet in April! Limited places available (see below)

Please sign up on the spreadsheet linked below.

Dates: 9/10 April (most people leaving London afternoon of 8th)

Location: NLMC cottage near Betws y Coed, North Wales. Sleeping bag, towel etc needed. Free for members, £6 p/n for guests

Transport: car shares, please book a slot with a driver based on when they are leaving that suits you

Food: communal meal Saturday evening, communal breakfasts, please bring your own food for all other meals. Depending on when you arrive on Friday, you can get dinner at the local pub. The cottage kitchen is fully equipped with fridge/cooker/microwave etc.

Whoop!

Holly

NLMC New Members Sec

Places are strictly limited to 25 people, based on a 1st-come-1st-served basis. If the meet is oversubscribed we will prioritise new/prospective members who have not been on a meet before.
If the meet is oversubscribed we will also need to ensure we have enough suitably experienced members around to take new/prospective members out.

NB: if you are new to the club you will need to climb with us on a Monday evening at the Castle before the meet, so we can ensure minimum safety & skills are met.

1 Like

Just signed up. :slight_smile: I’m not yet a member of NLMC but am very keen to join the club. I met Matt and Lottie a few weeks ago on a Monday night at the Castle and hope to attend a few more Monday nights in the coming weeks.

1 Like

NB This meet is open to non-members, as well as recently joined members.

2 Likes

Hi Holly

I not a member as yet, been trying to get to the castle on a Monday evening. However, evenings are tricky for me at the moment, do or can member(s) meet during the day at the castle?

Can I put my name down for this trip before I’m vetted? Apologies if you’ve answered this.

Many thanks

Regards

Rich

Hi Rich

You will need to meet one of our members prior to the trip, so we can check your belaying.

Some people do climb at the weekends, I’m not sure about daytime during the week though.

Alternatively if you can get to Westway, I’m there during the week so could do a quick check.

Okay thanks Holly

Regards

Rich

Hi Holly,
I’ve just signed up. I’m not a member yet but I’ve been to the castle a few times and Matt has watched me belay. I don’t think I’ve met you there yet but my memory for names isn’t the best. Maybe next week :slight_smile: !

That’s great Ben, if Matt has seen you belay that’s all good. I can’t get to the Castle for the next few weeks unfortunately so I’ll see you at the meet in Wales!

Hi Holly,
Just signed up too, really looking forward to getting back on rock :slight_smile:
Ben

1 Like

Just signed up. Can’t wait.

Hiya, I saw that the list is already full but I’ve put my name down on the waiting list in case someone drops off. @HollyP Matt watched me belay yesterday - I think I’m safe

Magda

2 Likes

I’m having to pull out of the trip as I now have something on that Sunday. So there is a space free!

Hello,

I have never been to a New members meet, would it be possible to attend this one?
I have put my name in the waiting list.

Tobia

Hey, a colleague of mine asked about the club and the April trip so I’ve put his name down on the waiting list as he’s keen to join - he’s coming to the Monday session in the Castle. Hope it’s okay

1 Like

Hi everyone! i’d be interested in joining the session on Monday at the Castle too.
what time do you meet?

cheers

Hi Fabrizio

Usually from 6ish in the upstairs lead area. There’s a separate thread for it
https://chat.nlmc.co.uk/t/castle-monday-night-meets

Cheers
Matt

Sweet! Thanks for the info :ok_hand:

@Tobia_Zantedeschi @Lada
I can’t make the trip anymore so that frees up a spot for one of you two at the top of the waiting list.
Ben

Thank you very much!

Hello lovely members and soon-to-be-members!

We need volunteers for making Saturday dinner and breakfasts! All meals will need to include a veggie option plus any other dietary requirements as per the spreadsheet.

New members this is your chance to wow us with your culinary skills, don’t be shy! You’ll be reimbursed for food purchases for communal meals (within reason, we’re not talking lobster & truffles!)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: