New Members Meet 16-17th April

Hi Holly,

I think I might not make the trip on the 16th anyway, but I will certainly
look for you guys in the Castle on Monday :smiley:

Hi Chiz.
I can get all that stuff and take it up.
Richard

Thank you Richard, much appreciated.

If someone can take the photos that would be great

Dylan, good point, for those that havenā€™t been to the Cottage before we have a bunkroom upstairs with mattresses that sleeps 20+ but youā€™ll all need to bring a sleeping bag.
There are hot showers, a drying room and a fully equipped kitchen with fridges but the oven is currently a bit slow to heat upā€¦

If you get to Capel Curig in the dark, park in the Bryn Glo layby/car park (signposted), go over the stile by the 5 bar gate at the back of the layby (usually there is an orange NLMC wheelie bin by the gate) and head up the track uphill. The Cottage is the second building up the track -walk up past the Barn (which we also own but rent out to groups), then keep going up the twisting track and youā€™ll get to the Cottage. Hopefully someone will already be there and will have lit the burnerā€¦

A torch is also very useful (for the walk up the track, to avoid annoying
people in the bunk room by turning the light on, and maybe even for
climbing if youā€™re very enthusiastic/unlucky).

Iā€™d like to come too Martin but wonā€™t have the car so need a lift; probably easiest with Max:

Tom - lift - gear - member

Afraid Iā€™m going to miss it as Iā€™ll be in kalymnos ā€¦ but will try sending some sunshine :wink:

Liz

Good stuff Martin- Iā€™m in;

Lift-no gear-member,

Will

Hi All,

@bullopolis I will definitely be attending and would like to bag a lift off someone if thatā€™s possible? I can pay for fuel, provide some half decent conversation etc of course!

Gear-wise I donā€™t have any of my own and would be keen to borrow as much as possible, however, I can go and pick up any essential items (shoes, harness etc) that you guys at the club donā€™t have.

Iā€™m also not a signed up member yet, should I do pay someone at Mile End on Wednesday?

Thanks!

Tom

Hi all,

Iā€™d like to join this trip to Wales. I was wondering if thereā€™s a place left both in one of the cars and at the hut.

Looked briefly at the weather and it seems itā€™s as good as we can hope :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Raul

Anyone got any idea how many intend to be at the meet? Could be quite a
full cottage.
Richard

@bullopolis shall we all try and meet up either at the castle on mon or the palm tree on weds to talk numbers/cooking and travel arrangements? Iā€™m happy to organise getting ingredients and cooking a meal for Saturday night if I know rough numbers and everyoneā€™s happy to chip on with costs?

Re lifts: guessing itā€™s easiest if we all just say which part of town weā€™re coming from and try to buddy up?

Iā€™m planning to drive to Wales during the day on Friday if anyone wants to join me in the car so we can get to the cottage in good time on Friday afternoon/early evening? Leaving from Clapton/manor house area - prob around 2 but time we leave is negotiable depending on who wants to share the ride with me and what time we all want to leave (Iā€™m happy to try and leave earlier to squeeze a quick climb in if anyone fancies leaving early doors?) I have space for 2 max so give me a shout on here or on my mob no 07737 890048 if you want to bagsie a lift. Holly x

@Tom_S and @Max_Adamson I donā€™t think weā€™ve met but I am also a woman of leisure this week so keen to travel up early on Friday. Are you both driving up together or are you in need of a lift? If so Iā€™m setting off from North London if thatā€™s useful - bit sure where youā€™re based? Otherwise @willboxall are you interested in setting off earlier on Friday in which case I can offer a lift?

Hi I am Yuhei. I would like to join if it is not too late. It was probably covered already but could anyone provide a brief on time schedule, program during the trip, cost and things to bring? I donā€™t have gears but is it better to prepare some gears such as helmet? I hope to go to Mile end on Wed and see you before we go;)

Hey guys. I will be at the Castle and mile end this week so we can finalise chat etc. So far revised list I think (although might have missed someone. Apologies)
Holly - car - gear - member
David B - car - gear - member
Max - car - gear - member
Will B - car - gear - member
Martin B - lift - gear - member
JT - lift - gear - member
Richard Haszko-member
Peter Harris - car- member
Harriet Kirkland - member.
Tom s - lift- member
Tom Mortimer - new member
Bewick - new member
Dylan - new member
Izzy - new member
Yuhei - new member.
Villus- lift - new member
To everyone.i agree with previous posts. You will need as a minimum a sleeping bag etc. Harness helmet shoes belay device and know at least how to belay safely. We do not provide training although undoubtedly we all pick up stuff from one another through our climbing experiences.
In terms of being a paid up member. So long as you get joined up soon after by bank transfer, in my opinion all good.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the wall.
Martin

Great see you tonight then - shall we go to the pub after for a planning session?! I might not be arriving til late but Raul (@Rtudor) who joined the conversation earlier is also keen to come and will be coming to the wall tonight so someone look out for him in the cafe at 7.30! I prob wonā€™t be there til 8ish or a bit later so will come and find you all. See you all later! Hx

I may join as well but will be driving up from Maccā€¦

Iā€™ll be coming up as well. Iā€™ll be leaving from Watford at around 5pm on Friday.

Hi Holly,

Thanks for the offer. I would be able to get away by 2 or 3pm on Friday, but if I grab a lift with you that takes my car out of the equation, so depends on how many bodies we have. Letā€™s confirm plans later in the week when Martin has numbers.

Thanks

Max

Apologies raul for not spotting you. We were in the cafe till 8. :flushed: dude you are more than welcome. Plenty of room. The cottage sleeps 23 and we have 16 at the mo.
Looks like no one has been chatting about lifts. Ok. Come on nowā€¦donā€™t be shyšŸ˜‰
New members please let us know where you are coming from and time.
Members same. So far
Max early from Greenwich.
Will about 7 ish from Cockfosters. 2 places.
Chris Colebrook about 5 from Watford
Peter Harris from oakwood.
We are all friendly relaxed people so new members donā€™t feel shy!! Get chatting.
Holly has suggested a bit of communal breakfast that I think is a great ideaā€¦so bring beans eggs bacon toast etcā€¦
Emphasis for the weekend is on fun getting to know you climbing.
I and a bunch of others will be down mile end on Wednesdayā€¦so come along!!!