New Members Meet 16-17th April

Hi!
Would like to join for the trip… is this still possible?
We are 2 and have all equipment except for a rope…
Also will someone involved with this particular trip be at the Mile End meet-up tomorrow at 7pm?
Thanks!

• Izzy

Hi Izzy and Anne!

I’m sure it’s still possible to sign up for the trip - Martin (@bullopolis) will confirm as he’s organising so will be across numbers and lifts but its all pretty informal - as long as there are enough spaces in cars and bedspaces in the cottage then I’m sure you’re very welcome! Do either of you have a car? We all generally just share lifts or use public transport so let Martin know whether you can offer or need lifts and whether you’re hoping to travel friday eve or saturday morning.

Anne - I will be at the Castle on Monday eve - we have a tentative new tradition of meeting in the cafe around 7.30pm so hopefully a few of us will be there, but I definitely will so why don’t you just drop me a text when you arrive and I can meet you in the cafe? my mob no is 07737 890048. (I’m also going tonight, tomorrow afternoon and probably saturday as well so just drop me a text if you’re planning to go on any of those days and I’d be happy to meet in the cafe for a chat!)

Izzy - Wednesday at the Castle there is usually someone but maybe just ask on the ‘at the wall - Mile End Wednesdays’ thread to make sure someone is going! If you ask the staff they can probably point you in the direction of the NLMC lot or else look for the red NLMC T-Shirts…

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Holly

Hi all. I will be down mile end tonight and look forward to seeing you all there. I will send a chat thingy Re numbers and lifts this week. Martin

Hi Holly,

Excellent! Thanks for those details. You’ll hear from me.

• Anne

Count me in. I’ll have spaces in my car.

But he only has spaces if you promise not to spill milk based products on
the upholstery.

Is there a plan for a communal meal on the Saturday?

Why are you sending this to me? I am not going.

Hi @valeriehumphries, you are probably subscribed to receive all the emails on any NLMC trips or meets being organised.

To stop receiving these emails, scroll down the relevant email and click on the active link from a message that will read like this: “To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences”

Hello all. I initially said I was keen to join the trip, but I now have some work here in London that weekend, so I’m afraid I won’t make it this time around.
Hope to meet you guys soon!

Claudia

Hi Anne - just to let you know I cant make it to climbing tonight unfortunately but if you look on the ‘Monday night castle climbing’ you’ll see that khalid, Martin, will and Naomi are all going so maybe drop them a line? I’ll be around next Monday for definite though! Holly

NEW MEMBERS MAP2016.pdf (252.6 KB)

Hi everyone.
Can’t believe it is week after this weekend!!
It would be a great help if everyone who is coming could give me a ‘hell yeh!’ plus an idea of car or lift and gear.
So far I think these guys:
Holly - car - gear - member
David B - car - gear - member
Max - car - gear - member
Will B - car - gear - member
Martin B - lift - gear - member
JT - lift - gear - member
Anita K - lift - no gear - new member
Tom Mortimer - new member
Bewick - new member
Dylan - new member
Anna Sorensen - new member
Izzy - new member

I thought we could go to the pub on sat night…worked well last time!
Cheers
Martin

Hey,
I will be there and will bring rack and one half rope. I’ll be driving but
not much use for lifts except for anyone who happens to live between Leeds
and Capel Curig.

Normally new members need to bring harness, helmet and rock shoes as a
minimum, or at least let us know if they can’t so people can try to source
spares.

Looking forward to it!
Harri

I am planning to attend too – have gear and car (Enfield / Oakwood).

Regards

Peter
Tel: 07917578116

[cid:image001.png@01D18F53.7D1D3A20]

All correct for me - I’m in, have car with space for 2 and have gear and a rope (single). Also I’m really up for being part of cooking a communal meal on the Saturday if that’s the plan - how do we normally organise this?

Hi All,

I’d like to join the trip as well. We have already talked last Wed at the pub. And I don’t have a car…
But I have all basic climbing gear plus half of trad rack.

Vilius

Hi Martin.

I’ll have to confirm re. borrowing the car, shouldn’t be a problem if needed.

I’d also look to get away a bit early on the Friday now I’m practically a man of leisure! Anyone else able to finish or leave earlier?

Hi all,

Just to confirm that I’m definitely up for the trip if there is some space for me.
I’m guessing I’ll need a sleeping bag?
I have the following kit to bring along : Climbing shoes, helmet, harness, two Carabiners, a sling and a belay device.
I can’t come tonight again I’m afraid as its half term at the moment so parent duties call, I hope to come next week though and am also planning on going to the Castle on Saturday at 2pm if anyone is up for that? I think they pair people up without partners so seems like a good option to brush up on my top roping.
I plan to drive up Friday afternoon but as I have family up in North Wales will be tricky to offer lifts as plan to call in on route to and from. Happy to drive people to / from climbing destinations whilst up there though.

Cheers,
Dylan

Hi all, sadly can’t make the meet, but have a couple of favours to ask…

could someone buy a few bayonet fitting light bulbs for the cottage and barn, we are now out of spares? If they could be put on the high shelf in the Cottage shower block with the other spare supplies? Receipts to @Max_Adamson treasurer@nlmc.co.uk who will reimburse.

If someone could buy a cheap plastic dustpan and brush for the Cottage? Receipt to same address.

There is a new woodshed up at the Cottage -I’ve stocked this with split wood, but it is not yet seasoned. Please use the wood from the left hand side (looking at it) as this is dryer. It may need splitting smaller than usual to help it dry out. Please don’t split any more of the logs, we’ll get a proper rotation sorted after some wood has seasoned.

Could someone take a few photos for me? I need photos of the electric boards at the Barn and Cottage, a few photos of the outside of the shed, and interior of the roof, and @rspillett would like some photos of the cottage (and barn, but think it will be occupied) interior. Please send to chiz@urban-archaeology.co.uk

I’m sure Manchi would like some photos of the meet -both climbing and social sides- for the newsletter

Have a great weekend and hope you have good weather!

Chiz