New Members Meet 14-15 September ki

Nabbed a spot in Andy D’s car :slight_smile: looking forward to meeting you guys.

I put myself in @Aidan s car. This is 7pm on Friday, not 7am, right?

Yes pm @Juliane_Lang :slight_smile:

That’s right @juliane_Lang looking forward to meeting you. Aidan

I’m taking the train up but wondered if anybody leaving thursday night/friday morning has space in their car for my rope/trad gear (or both)? It will save me lugging it all the way to my aunt’s place from London and then on to the hut (and the reverse trip). I can repay you in cake! Thanks

Hey, good to meet some of you yesterday. I’ve added myself to the spreadsheet, if there’s still space on the trip would be keen to come. I can drive but don’t have a car, or I’m happy to get a train up if you’re short on car space. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @Juliane_Lang would you send me your phone number please? I’m going to set up a whatsapp group for our car.

Cheers

Hey, have added my details to the spreadsheet (am assuming I was the Dan with the car?) Will be leaving from Shepherds Bush Friday after work, returning Sunday eve.

1 Like

Hello all! This meet is now closed to additional people (gotta make sure we can actually all fit in the barn for dinner!).

FOOD
Please can we have chef volunteers to make:

• Saturday breakfasts for cottage and barn
  • Saturday dinner (meat but not beef/cheese on the side) and veggie option
  • Saturday pudding
  • Sunday breakfasts for cottage and barn

Please coordinate with each other as to who takes what food, bearing in mind it’s a 5 hour drive and some people will not be going straight to the cottage on arrival.

TRAVEL
If you haven’t already, please allocate yourself to a car on the spreadsheet. Please expect to pay a contribution to petrol costs to your driver.

COTTAGE INFO

• Remember to bring your sleeping bag, towel, waterproofs, and climbing gear (including helmet). Plus your own food and beer provisions that aren’t covered by breakfast and Saturday dinner.
  • We have the use of both the cottage and the barn again. Breakfasts are in each, but dinner is in the barn.
  • Please keep all belongings on the racks, rather than in the bedrooms, as there simply won’t be enough space. Leave climbing gear in the car.
  • Outdoor shoes must be removed at the front door. Bring slippers if you want cosy toes.
  • Please abide by the new bin system. There are different bins for different types of waste, which then need taking to the big bins at the pub down the road on departure day. It’s each person’s responsibility to make sure the system works.
  • Cleaning: we are all responsible for cleaning the cottage and barn, and leaving them in a better condition than we found them. Sunday morning is the normal time for this; please do not run off climbing until you have contributed. I will be keeping a beady eye out for slackers :smiley:

Looking forward to it! Any questions please let me know.
Holly

FAKE NEWS

Only recycling goes to the Tyn-y-Coed. Bin waste goes home with you/to a big bin somewhere that is not in the pub car park

:slight_smile:

Also, everyone needs to sign in on arrival.

Also, everyone needs to read the back issues of the Newsletter because they are brill.

Hola! Happy to take a shift on cooking - maybe better if I do breakfast so I don’t promise to make dinner and not come back on time…? :crazy_face: I’m getting a lift with others, so unsure on logistics of being able to pick up breakfast foods? Do we know veggie/nonveggie/vegan ratios and I can start working it out :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Katy. The spreadsheet has the dietary info on it

Happy to cover veggie breakfast for sat/sun

1 Like

Happy to give you a hand with them, guessing it will be breakfasts in the cottage if we are arriving on Thurs?

1 Like

Hi, I just signed up to join the club. Any chance you still have space on this trip or am I a little too late to the party?

Hey guys, I’m happy to take responsibility for the Saturday veggie dinner. From what I can tell we’ve got one vegan and 5 + veggies, so I will plan accordingly.

1 Like

Happy to help with the breakfast as well.

1 Like

Happy to cook/assist with breakfasts on both days in whichever building I am in; with the numbers involved it might be better if we split the breakfasts into barn and cottage. Given the likely amount of food it might be sensible for some of the drivers to volunteer to buy the food, or alternatively purchase en route so that lots of people can help with buying and carrying it. @HollyP , perhaps our car could pick up stuff en route?

Think I’m going to have to bail on this one. A bike crash means I have a suspected broken elbow…

@HollyP I will remove myself from the sheet, so you’ll be down a driver. Sorry! Have updated the earmarked passengers to be yellow too.