New Members Meet 14-15 September ki

Hi Melhu
Yes Mondays are when we meet at the Castle. We meet at Mile End also for bouldering on Wednesdays but I can’t go to those sessions at the moment.

I’ll try to be there next Monday then.

1 Like

@Melhu_Martinez 26th is a bank holiday so most people will probably be away (though I might be there). Probably better to come 2nd of September. Get in touch with people on the Castle Thread to check for sure…

Michael

Hi Holly,

I am at the Castle every Monday also, how can I find you and meet the group? I am new to climbing just practicing the skills yet. Would love to be able to meet you in Castle and if at all possible I would also be interested in joining this meet-up in September!

Thanks

Hasret

Hi Hasret

I’ll be at the castle on Monday 2nd September. You will need to be a competent belayer in order to join the meet as we mostly trad climb, although some people do go sport climbing too.

Hi Holly,

Great! Where about at the castle you will be on the 2nd?

Thanks

Hasret

Either up by the cafe lead walls or down in the Wells. See you there!

Hi Holly, I’ve recently started leading with very easy routes, need to work on my anxiety. I mainly top rope. Need more consolidation with lead belaying but was at the women’s trad climbing festival taking out gear, did some belaying but would need consolidation. Would this new members meet be right for me.

Hi Siddrah

Can you come to our next Monday meet at the castle on 2nd September? We can chat more there perhaps. You do need to be a competent lead belayer to come on the meet, but the grade you climb isn’t quite so important. My phone number is on the spreadsheet if you want to chat first before deciding.

1 Like

@HollyP, thank you for responding, my lead belay needs a lot of work as i’ve only just started doing it so wouldn’t feel confident to lead belay outside as of yet.

@HollyP if you need a hand meeting new people I am enjoying my funemployment in London for the next week or so, and can go to climbing walls with plenty of flexibility!
(preference Mile End, Reach, Castle in that order)

1 Like

Fab thanks Tom!

Hey Holly, I’ve just chucked myself on the spread sheet. If your counting bunks, I’ll be sleeping in my van :o)

1 Like

Hi Holly, quite late to the game but I’ve added myself to the spreadsheet if there’s space! Will hopefully come along to castle on Monday regardless so I’ll meet there!

Great, looking forward to meeting you on Monday.

Hi All. I’ve started planning the car shares for the September meet, please see the second tab on the spreadsheet and allocate yourself to a driver at a time that suits you (ie replace one of the ?? lines with your name).

@Tim what time are you leaving Angel? @robertpirouet have you decided a leaving day/time? @dabarlow hopefully you can join us and bestow upon us some car space too?!

We probably still need another car and driver please…or a group of 4 to share cost of a hire car.

Thanks - not long now!

Sorry to hear that Dom, but yes hope to meet you both soon!

Hi, Rob was looking to go up Thurs evening if everything went to plan with getting the car to climb on the Friday. Currently assuming it has since I haven’t heard otherwise! :crossed_fingers:

Hi guys, yep current plan for my car is to leave Thursday evening from north London. Mark has one space and I’ve got 2 spaces still free.

1 Like

I sneakily grabbed a spot. Thursday evening is perfect for me

1 Like