Mile End Wednesday Night Meets

It is that random orange-beige-khaki generic men’s climbing clothing colour.

The Moon Cypher shorts I have describe it as “buckthorn”, they could have made it up for all I know! :joy:

1 Like

@Jon_Howells - Was good to get a bit of climbing in with you last night, glad the shorts were distinctive enough to spot me! :joy:

Definitely try to get some leading in at the Castle on the Monday’s if you can ahead of the new members meet, or post here and we can see if someone can bring a rope/harness to ME.

1 Like

Cheers, I’ll make an effort to come to Castle next Monday. If not I have a rope & harness I can bring to ME and see if anyone’s up for some rope climbing there! Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello - I’m new to climbing but I’ve done the top rope course, would there be a meet on Wednesday 8th Sept? :slight_smile:

@nadia880 - Hi, there should be a few people at ME each week but it’s mainly bouldering really, so an easy way to join in.

Always good to meet prospective new members though and have a bit of a climb before the Palm Tree.

Happy to have a chat about the club and how people can get more experienced ahead of going on an outdoor trip or joining. If you don’t spot anyone about ask the staff for a quick NLMC shout out over the tannoy. :+1:

Hello new and prospective members! If you didn’t already know, our next New Members Meet is happening on 18-19 September :blush:

Please see the thread below for more info, and to sign up

Thanks
Holly
NLMC New Members Secretary

1 Like

Hi, I have just moved to London and am looking to join the club. Is any one climbing at Mile End this wednesday? If so, where can I meet people?

1 Like

@Laura - Hi, I will be there tonight at about 7:00 and John T should be there as well for bouldering then maybe a beer afterwards.

I will be wearing a black t-shirt and a pair of khaki/orange shorts? Need to order a new red club shirt to make things easier! :joy:

If you don’t spot us, the ME staff know the NLMC so would happily give us a shout out over the tannoy.

I will be there and wearing an ancient red NLMC t-shirt.

1 Like

I’ll be there tonight (6th Oct) from 5 till 7 ish if anyone else is. I look the same as my photo, but with more grey and less facial hair :slight_smile:

Hi Aurelio, ah that is a tad early for me! :sweat_smile:

I will be there from about 7:00 ish with my friend Phil, normally a few of us around but just a bit later on.

Couldn’t tempt you with a later start and a trip to the Palm Tree afterwards?

@owrehleeoh Got there too late! Come next week but a bit later…

A bit early for me too but I promised Caroline I’d be home at 8. I will however be trying to get back into the regular we’d evening thing.

1 Like

Great, would be good to see you. I also have more grey but more facial hair.

Anyone heading to the wall this evening?

Anyone planning to head tonight?

Yes!

Was good to see you tonight. The novelty of interacting with real people who are not work related was obviously overwhelming as I really was a proper chatter box, even by my standards :slight_smile:

Is anyone planning to head down to Mile End this evening? I’ll probably be there from 6.30ish

@James_Archer I’m in town on a Wednesday for the first time in ages. going to head down. I will probably be there quite a bit earlier (4PM?). Have a red NLMC t-shirt which I’ll put on in case anyone who doesn’t know what I look like is searching.