Mile End Wednesday Night Meets

Anyone at Mile me this eve?

I’ll be there.

I will be going along as well.

Hi all,

I have just moved to London and was hoping to get involved in the club. Will anyone be heading down to the wall tomorrow night?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Rob, I will be there. Look out for the red NLMC t-shirts. We normally go to the pub afterwards, at 9:30pm, if you’re able to stay that late.

Perfect! Look forward to meeting you there. Is it worth bringing a rope or do you guys mainly do bouldering on a Wednesday?

Mondays at the Castle are normally roped climbing, whereas Wednesdays at Mile End people tend mostly to boulder (sometimes a couple of people do roped climbing, but there is not loads at Mile End).

Anyone at Mile End tonight?

I’ll be there.

Hi all,

I’ve just moved to London and hoping to join the club. Will people be at Mile End tonight?

Yes I’ll be there, and I’m sure there will be others. Look out for the red NLMC t-shirts.

Hi there, I’m new into bouldering and would like to join the session on Wednesday.
Looking forward to meet everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

Tanyus

Hey guys! Just a note to say that I was climbing at Mile End last night with some work colleagues and 2 of the guys (leaving together) got mugged at knife point in the park (one punched in the face) - all okay as they just gave up their stuff - but just thought I better flag to anyone regularly climbing at ME, in case its a trend… Stay safe out there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:open_mouth: yikes. thanks for letting us know.

Was that in the middle of the park on the diagonal path, or on the path that goes along the edge direct to the road?

How horrible. Glad they are okay.

We should all be careful around there. Let’s make sure to walk together in groups when leaving the climbing wall, especially when on our way to the Palm Tree. Also, remember that we are generously allowed to bring our bikes in the back bar at the Palm Tree. There have been numerous bike thefts from the car park. Always ask first and be very careful with their furnishings when wheeling bikes in.

The main one. They saw people getting hassled on the darker path so took the direct one and some more guys with scarves over their faces came up behind them too😬 work have let Mile End know so think they’re just gonna let people know their end too.

Oh, awful! Thanks for letting us know.

Stay safe, everyone!

Morning all, after taking a course and an induction in February I’m finally going to attend this Wednesday with a view to joining the club. What’s the best time to arrive? I have a rope and harness but understand it is mostly bouldering at this venue?

Hi Scott,

People tend to start trickling in at around 5-6, and then movement to pizza and pub around 9.

I’d leave the rope and harness; there is some leading at Mile End but it will be horrifically busy and most of the club get their plastic routes done at the Castle on Mondays.

Look out for red NLMC shirts, or perhaps someone on here will volunteer to meet you (I’m working unfortunately otherwise I would).

Tom