Climbing wall reopening

Anyone interested in a Castle lead session Mon 12th 19:00 - 21:00?

1 Like

I would be! Would be my first time joining in with this group :slight_smile:

1 Like

me too (for a very long while at least) :astonished:

Cool! Iā€™ll book a slot

Thanks for letting me join in last minute on Monday @MattGee @ChrisLend ! Lovely to meet you both.
Will anyone be leading on Monday 5th and looking for an extra climber? Iā€™m doing the Castle lead course this weekend and Iā€™m looking to practice asap and as much as possible. (No lead kit yet though)

2 Likes

Hi all, I am Eleonora, a keen climber and prospective new member, and I was wondering whether you still have a weekly climbing session at Mile End and/or The Castle.
Mile End is my nearest climbing wall and Iā€™d be up for joining one of your socials there also on a week night, otherwise, Iā€™d be happy to cycle up to The Castle over the weekend!
Let me know if there is anything happening soon :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Eleonora

1 Like

As far as I know there is still a Wednesday session going on at Mile End but Iā€™ve not been so I am not sure how many of us are there.
Iā€™ll be at the Castle again on Monday the 5th from 6pm and @MattGee joining at 6:30pm

Hi Eleonora. There has been a return to mile end recently on Wedsnesdays recently. 5 to 10 turning out. You have to book a session and we normally aim for the 7.45 one, but I fear the resurgence of Covid or the early pub closing will ding the numbers a bit.

@Eleonora - Hi, I will be at ME tonight if you are about and a couple of others should be there as well.

If you do make it, the staff are happy to give a club shout out over the tannoy etc., I will be a ginger guy with a beard and maybe a club shirt on.

Itā€™s bouldering and autobelay only at the minute, so Castle is better for leading. There is normally people there on the weekend though or Mon night, but Sat sessions are booked out 2 weeks in advance :joy:

Hi @EmilyB @kathymacf @damiandsm Iā€™m hoping to book the 7pm slot at the Castle on Monday. The website says all the lead slots are full but Iā€™ll keep checking to see if one pops up. Will let you know!

Hi all, I have managed to get a lead sesh for Monday 12th (7-9pm), and will also be haunting the site for a session this coming Monday 5th, but I do have a boulder sesh booked this Monday incase a lead spot doesnā€™t come up. Very glad to be able to get back to regular climbing, so Iā€™ll be booking Mondays from now on (hopefully!).

If anyone is keen for a weekday evening climb in general (any day), I am desperate to get back to leading!

Iā€™m keen to get back to leading too; Weds or Thurs evening would work for me @LIon.

Hi @Mark_W @HollyP and thanks to all the others for the responses!
I read only now your messages as the notifications ended up in my spam, so unfortunately I couldnā€™t make it yesterday, but Iā€™ll book in a slot for next Wed 7th Oct for the 7.45 at Mile End - so hit me up if anyone is planning on going!
Iā€™ll keep my eyes open for Saturday at the Castle too, and try to book a slot there - Iā€™m keen on leading and I practiced a lot in the past two weeks in Italy so I want to keep it going here in London too!
A practical question, do you all communicate on this chat or do you also have a whatsapp group to arrange climbing sessions?
Cheers,
Eleonora

Hi @LIon, I saw a free slot for 7.30-9.30pm, or 6.30-8.30pm on the same Monday, if you are going for sure, Iā€™ll book one of the two as well and we could go together? Let me know!
Cheers,
Eleonora

I hadnā€™t realised all the spots had gone already! Iā€™ve booked 5-7pm for the 5th as it was the latest available. Let me know if you end up getting a similar time, otherwise Iā€™ll cancel.

@LIon @Eleonora Iā€™ve now booked myself in for 7.30-9.30 for the 12th, (7pm wasnā€™t available). Woudl you mind if I joined you? Do you have a rope?

@EmilyB Iā€™ve booked myself for the 6.30-8.30pm on the 12th (the other two slots were fully booked XD). I have a rope but itā€™s quite long for indoor climbing (70m), so if someone has a shorter one itā€™d be better, otherwise I can bring mine. Looking forward to it!

@Eleonora I have deffo booked myslef onto those sessions. and i have a slightly shorter (but also too long for indoors :see_no_evil:) 50m rope

@EmilyB of course! you are more than welcome!

my number is 07989265079 :slight_smile:

@Peter woohoo! I can do one of those days! Just let me know which! :smile:

Great stuff @LIon, either for me too, but shall we say Weds at 7pm? Else feel free to suggest an alternative.

yes! wednesday at 7 is great. happy to go online and book it now :slight_smile: