Climbing wall reopening

Great, yes go for it @LIon, I will too

Thank you! I’ve switched to the same session for the 12th 6.30-8.30 @Eleonora Look forward to meeting you both then! :smiley:

I can’t do 5pm and all the slots are gone now annoyingly. Monday 12th is also booked up so not sure I’ll be coming on a Monday anytime soon :frowning: But please ask if anyone else can meet you, or on a different day.

@HollyP there are still bouldering slots on the 12th.

anyone fancy a lead sesh evening of Friday 16th?

They have lots of free spaces

I’ve provisionally booked Monday 19th at 18.00 for lead. I’ve now done the Castle’s lead course so I am happy lead belaying as well as climbing now. [If anyone is concerned, I did the course with someone heavier than me so I got some good examples on how to deal with that :slight_smile: ] I would love to hear if anyone else would like to climb with me and if you have a rope as I am waiting for a little more experience before investing.

1 Like

@LIon @EmilyB an important work committment has come up yesterday and I have to re-schedule the climbing session at the Castle as I will not make it on time for tomorrow - it takes me about 1h to get there and I’ll be stuck working until late unfortunately :frowning_face: . Would you or any other NLMC members be keen to climb over the weekend too? I could move my booking to then! Or are you planning on going another time in the next two weeks? Sorry for this change and hope to meet you soon!

Still good to go tonight @ 7:00. I’ll be the one asking random strangers if they’re in the NLMC!

Great to meet / see you at the Castle last night @dabarlow, @MattGee, @ChrisLend & @EmilyB! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The new changes now make leading a bit hard(!), but if anyone is in need of being in a social bubble, and particularly wants to be in one with a fellow climber for leading sessions, let me know

how do all… how ya bin!? walls are reopening. ive missed the boat on wed at mile end, anyone up for the castle sometime?

They seem to only do 6 people per two hour slot! We totally failed to get anything this week - would be nice to try and meet up with a few NLMCers booked at the same time tho

yes mate. havent looked at the castle…sounds v limiting…booked for the traditional mile end this wednesday tho. they still had the same 75 each 2hr slot.

1 Like

As much of a pain as it is to get to Westway for most people, there is usually a lot of space each evening. What they don’t tell you is if there is enough space on the next session after the one you’ve booked, you can just go in again without paying twice.

I can’t quite work out the booking process for Westway :sweat_smile: But very keen to get some sessions in! Have been going to White Spider at weekends but it is miles away…

It is indeed confusing, and annoying. Best time to go really is morning. Literally 4 people in there most days. Bonkers

2 Likes

If either of you needs a Westway (or Castle) lead partner between Dec 18th-21st or Dec 28th-Jan 3rd (away 22nd-27th) I am around.

The Reach! No booking. No crowds. Nowhere!

2 Likes

We’ll be there all day Saturday! Bumped into Toby last week, who was very pleased at finally conquering the 6c red on the autobelay (I have yet to succeed)

And also no masks, @Max_A