Climbing wall reopening

Wednesday 19:45 : Mile End : Climbing : Palm Tree

howdy, mile end was great! but anyone up for some action on the ropes down the castle? can do daytime or evenings at the mo. will be down mile end too this wed.

Iā€™ve booked for mile end 19:45 this Wednesday.

Hi Matt, Iā€™m top roping 6As atm, learning to lead via Castle course on 3-4th October. Iā€™m looking to join with a view to find regular indoor rope partners and come outdoor climbing trips too (no bouldering though). I would love to come along to social meet on Monday 21st Sept if poss? Do you still all meet at 7 near the upstairs cafe location? Thank you :smile:

1 Like

Hi Emily, hopefully our New Members Secretary Holly will be in touch or join in soon, sheā€™s a busy lady at the moment :grin:

Quite a few of us still climb regularly on Mondays but itā€™s still not really returned to the status of an official social meet (no more than 6 people of course!). If you show up some of us should be around most of the evening and perhaps you can arrange to partner up there or here on the forums too. Once youā€™ve done your lead course I daresay you will find more willing partners!

2 Likes

Hi Emily! I will aim to be at the Castle next Monday :blush: Youā€™re welcome to join me and whoever else is there. The cafe has moved now but Iā€™ll be in that area with the club red vest on.

2 Likes

Myself and @ChrisLend will be leading from 5:30-7:30

Thank you both! Looking forward to meeting you next Monday :grin:

1 Like

Anyone going to the Castle tonight? Cannot really be ar*ed schlepping to Mile End.

Nope sorry, in the gymā€¦sneaky autobelay session tomorrow lunchtimeā€¦ :smirk:

Hmm no slots left at the Castle tonight anyway. Grr

That is pretty normal now unfortunately

Emily, Iā€™ve booked the 6-8pm lead slot on Monday. If youā€™d like to join please book a slot asap as the spaces disappear quickly!

Thanks, would it be ok to join you with leading despite not having done it before?
Also, a new climbing friend of mine, Sarah, would also love to come along as sheā€™d be interested to join once sheā€™s learnt to lead soon too. We could both book the last lead spots or instead pick the top rope and match your time slot? Thanks

1 Like

Yes book the lead slots, Iā€™m sure there will be others in the club there then so we can always mix and match if needed. :slight_smile:

Done, thank you! See you on Monday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be along 5.30-7.30 on Monday. Actually be hang boarding for first half an hour or so but if someone is around to let me second (or lead really easy stuff) give me a shout - still not allowed to take leader falls by doctors ordersā€¦

booked for mile end for wednesday at 7.45 slot. only 5 places left. socially distanced pint outside the palm after :grin:

Hi Emily, if you canā€™t find me in my red vest top, give me a call 07967212014
See you tonight

Should be at Castle tomorrow 5-7 with @ChrisLendā€¦