Castle Monday Night Meets

Hello,

My partner Josh and I are interested in joining the NLMC. We lead climb regularly at the Castle and would like to join the Monday Meet tomorrow 14th of August to meet some of you. I just wanted to check this is going ahead and that you’re happy for us to join you?

Hopefully see you tomorrow.

Noemi

1 Like

Hi All,
Hoping to come to the Monday meet at the Castle to find out more about the club. What time does it start/end?
Cheers,
Rufus

I’ll be there tonight from 6-ish. Red club vest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @HollyP, looking to join - will the group be at the castle next Monday (21st)?

Someone left their water bottle at the table at the Brownswood yesterday evening. PM me if it belongs to you and I will endeavour to reunite you with it.

It’s mine! With a fair bit of sentimental value (bought on a climbing trip with my dad for his 60th). So glad you found it, I tried calling the pub and everything. About to go on holiday for two weeks, would you mind holding on to it until early Sep? :pray:

Hi Kristina,

No worries! Glad to reunite you with it, especially considering the back story. I go to the Castle most Monday nights, so give me a shout when you return, and I can give it to you. Otherwise you an pick it up from my house this week. I don’t think I live far from you. Just PM me if you’d prefer to do that.

1 Like

Hi all, I’m looking at joining the NLMC and will be coming along to the Castle this coming Monday (dropped Holly a line to say hello already). I’m new to climbing, from an ML/G3 scrambling outdoor background, and in May half-tetm finally decided to do a course in learning to climb. Spent five days outside with the folks at PYB doing some stuff up to HS, and since then have led a few vdiffs and grade 4 sport (outdoor). Have seconded some VS since too.

My goals are to just keep building my leading outdoors, train regularly indoors, and gain a new community for trips etc (I’m always happy to drive to N Wales etc on a Friday night). Hope to see some of you on Monday.

3 Likes

Hi John! I’ll be there Monday, would be great to meet you. Someone is usually there from 6:30, tend to start in the lead walls upstairs, may drift downstairs if busy

Hello all! Just seen that the Castle is putting up its prices again. You can read more here: Autumn Price Rise | The Castle Climbing Centre

Obviously, there are totally legitimate reasons for the price hike, and many of the factors that have made it necessary are beyond the centre’s control. But £80/month is really steep, and so I wanted to ask if anyone might be interested in meeting regularly at Westway?

2 Likes

Great - thanks for letting me know. Do I need to bring my own rope for any leading, or does the club keep a few?

We don’t have any club gear, so if you have one it’s best to bring your own. There’s usually a surplus, but just to be sure

No problem - I’ll bring it along.

I’m so sorry, I won’t be able to make this evening after all. Work load before holiday is getting a bit much and I need to get through some things this evening. Super sorry!

I’m at the castle now in a grey t-shirt and orange shorts. Can’t see anyone

Hey, I 'm going to be at the castle tomorrow starting from between 4-5pm.
I’ll have a rope. Join if you have time.
G.

I can probably make it to the Castle tomorrow afternoon if we start around 4ish. I’ve ordered a new rope which should be arriving tomorrow so can bring it if it’s turned up.

Cool. I will likely be there after 4pm. I have my rope.
See you there if you can make it.

1 Like

Hello all and happy Sunday.

Will anyone be at the Castle tomorrow for lead or top rope climbing? Would love to meet some members and join the club :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks

Hi Aaron, and welcome. I will probably be there at around 10am and would be happy to do some lead climbing if that suits you. However NB I think to join the club you will at some point need to find a committee member to check your belaying.
Roland

1 Like