Castle Monday Night Meets

Kind of want to go but not sure I want to cycle 30 mins each way in the rain

ā€œother forms of transport are availableā€

Should be there about 7:00 ish, will have my rope with me. @robertpirouet is your mate Eddie around tonight?

Yeah I think Eddieā€™s coming along as well.

ā€œOther forms of transportā€ take an hour in each direction!

Weā€™re worth it. Hair flick

Hi all, I should be able to make it tonight as well. I am not bringing my rope though (80mā€¦) but happy to partner up with anyone for some lead. See you tonight!

1 Like

Cool, happy to do similar to what we did the last time if there are odd numbers. Was well chuffed with that 7a top rope slab, was graded a bit softly though! :joy:

I am coming too, with rope.

Iā€™m excited about the new flat.

Capture

2 Likes

Whenā€™s moving day JT?

Saturday 15 December.

Followed by the Castle Christmas party that evening. Good choice.

Sadly fear that we are already committed to a Tomlinson family gathering that evening.

Hi all,

I have been recommended this group, and would love to join you all one evening. Will there be a meetup this coming Monday (26th November) at the castle?

Lottie

2 Likes

Hi Lottie,

There will indeed be people there on Monday. Our faithful New Members Secretary @HollyP is usually there, and Iā€™m planning on being there too.

People usually meet in the Cafe Lead area 6.30-7.00ish. Look out for NLMC tops, or else Holly is usually fairly easy to spot because she wears bright colours and looks like her picture (see above)

Hi Lottie! Sorry I canā€™t make it next Monday but please go along and join the gang :blush: hopefully see you the week after.

Thanks Paul, looking forward to meeting you all!

Do you all mainly lead climb? I can bring a rope (apologies, itā€™s 50m!) if so :slightly_smiling_face:

Lottie

Yes, the Castle is usually reserved for lead climbing, and people tend to boulder at Mile End on the Wednesday meet up.

Iā€™ve been really ill (again) this weekend so not sure Iā€™ll make it on Monday after all, but there are usually good numbers there. And if not, the week after, or Wednesdays at Mile End.

I should be finished with endurance training by 6:30ish and will be happy to be someoneā€™s belay slave until itā€™s pub time. Also have a rope if needed. Doubtless lurking in cafe wearing a blue Rab hat and stuffing cake in my face.

2 Likes