Castle Monday Night Meets

@HollyP what time are you planning on being there? I’m all set to go to ME but would rather be on the ropes @ the Castle.

I’ll be there from around 6.15 ish. I’ll be warming up on the mezz boulders and autos first.

great, do you have a rope? I dont have mine as was expecting toboulder

Yep have rope. I’ll be in pink vest/grey leggings. Prob wearing earphones

Hi there,
Is anyone going to the castle next Monday? I am keen to join the club and meet a few members.
Is anyone going to be there who is going out to Ecrins in July?

Cheers,
Lukas

Hi Lukas - i plan on being there, and I’m also going on the Écrins trip. Do come say hi - I don’t have my NLMC t-shirt yet but I’m fairly easy to identify (need a haircut and a shave, often half naked at this time of year because it’s too bloody hot)

How inviting! :laughing:

1 Like

I’m sure @Lukas could be tempted. But if not, I’ve recently had a haircut, I’m sensibly dressed most of the time and I’ll be going to the Écrins. Anyone can do an earlier session Mon afternoon? I’d like to work a route on the wall near the cafe and it never seems to be free in the eve.

1 Like

Is it the 6a+ grey that is harder than the 6c to the right of it? Because I am getting shut down on that thing!

Is that the one in the middle of the overhangy bit? It’s nails! Foolishly I always seem to get on it at the end of the session, and weep into my chalk bag each time

1 Like

erm no, not a fan of overhangs, I don’t go anywhere near that wall. which is why i’m bad on overhangs. i’m after the pink 7b which for me feels harder because all the moves are bouldery dynos. my tall friend onsighted it and I struggled so much I still can’t get over it.

Thanks for the charming replies. I’ll be in the cafe wall area around 6:30. Green shorts, black tshirt and curly hair. Are you climbing around there? Looking forward to meeting you!

Cheers,
Lukas

I’ll be there tomorrow with rope.

I’ll probably be there too, if I’m not totally demolished from the weekend on grit. I’ll aim for 6.30, also with rope.

Yep that one. I also try and do it at the end of each session. I may revise that strategy tomorrow.

1 Like

Ok let’s get it done tomorrow, with minimal swearing (from me at least). :muscle:t2:

possibly last chance to swear on that route – they’re resetting the overhangs on Weds.

Might make it too if I can get out of bed tomorrow morning, or even move.

1 Like

I’ll be about early evening- see you there!

Should be there as well and I have my rope with me.