Yorkshire Meet 16-18 July

Square and Compass confirmed for dinner, two tables of 6, one at 8pm and one at 8:15pm. It’s close to Almscliff but there’ll be time to get back to the campsite and freshen up for those so inclined.
The Square & Compass,
Rigton Hill, North Rigton, near Harrogate
LS17 0DJ
(I did try to book the Bridge Inn pub in Pateley Bridge but they only have early tables available…early Friday arrivals could stroll into PB for dinner of course…)

Hi Matt,

I would like to join the meet too but will come up for day trip(s) only and will not stay for dinner so I should not affect your bookings.

I will bring my trad rack and can pair up if there are odd numbers. Otherwise I am happy to just boulder at Almscliff.

Cheers Ian

Great, see you at the crag!

Hi @Tobia_Zantedeschi
I am really sorry but at the moment it doesn’t look like we have any transport spaces going from London, unless anyone involved says otherwise. You could have a look at trains to Leeds or Harrogate perhaps?

Apparently, there are no trains from London to Leeds (I’m checking on Trainline). I may travel overnight to Leeds by coach and from there pick up a bus. Could you tell me the campsite name? Just to see if I can get there directly by bus from Leeds

Westfield Farm
Pateley Bridge
HG3 5BX

Harrogate or Ilkley would be possible pick-up options.

Thanks!

I spoke with the campsite dude and I confirmed one extra person. I rely on public transport so I should be at Pateley Bridge around 9 a.m. is the timing all right? Could someone pick me up from there?

Tobia

1 Like

Nice one! Yes, that should be easy enough for our car to manage. What time are you going back on Sunday?

Also can you give me your mobile number or pop it in the spreadsheet at the top of this thread please. Then I can add you to the Whatsapp group.

I have a coach leaving from Leeds coach station at 18:00. Would it suit the party timetable?
If someone could drop me at Leeds coach station it would be great. Otherwise, I will try to arrange myself somehow.

There won’t be space in a car going back to London I think.

@dabarlow @notgnarly would you be joining us on Sunday and able to drop Tobia off in Leeds?
Alternatively it is a very short drive from Almscliff to Weeton which is on a branch line back to Leeds.

@Tobia_Zantedeschi
Since we are so short on cars, doris and I are probably going to take a taxi back to the next trainstation on sunday. You could join us and take a train to leeds

Just checking the maps though, if we really end up at almscliff we might as well walk to the trainstation

Sounds good! Let’s stick with that. I will see you on Saturday!

Does anyone know if there is a climbing shop close by/ in the area?

Hi will,

There are a couple in Ilkley and Harrogate

Another question, do I need to bring my rope or are we enough equipment? Just because my approach will be quite long and if I can I will carry only what is needed.

Tobia

Hi Binit,

That’s really handy- many thanks,

Will

No problem, it’s the harrogate climbing wall that has a small shop, and there is one in Ilkley (might be otley) but can’t remember the name of it as it’s a local own shop. There are also the standard gooutdoors etc in North leeds

I reckon we will have enough ropes @Tobia_Zantedeschi

Geldered road A62 in Leeds near centre not far from motorway has the best shop locally open 9am till 10pm I think see their website