Yorkshire Meet 16-18 July

Hi Will, which campsite did you book because I am struggling to get one at the moment! :grimacing:

Hi Matt- we went for Lodge Farm (see Naomi’s messages below)- the issue may be around possible numbers of tent pitches. We have booked 2 out of a possible 6:

Spoke to Carol, they have 6 pitches, should not be a problem. 10 per night under the name of Naomi and Will Boxall - said we would pitch 2 tents potentially. So reserved 2 slots.

Naomi x

Naomi Boxall

07557 223 191

PT WITH ME

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/location.asp?revid=11850

Lodge Farm Certificated Site

Haggs Road
Follifoot
Harrogate
North Yorkshire (Browse area)
HG3 1EQ
Tel: 01423 872219

Drive halfway down Haggs Road till you see a sign saying Lodge Farm, and turn down there till the road forks. Either fork takes you to the camp site but take the left fork as that takes you in via the toilets and water.

Just to add the postcode may take us to the business park so follow the direction previous email about driving halfway down Haggs Road.

Naomi Boxall
07557 223 191

PT WITH ME

Ah yeah I did look at that one, not enough space even if they let us share pitches 1 between 2. I have a bunch of enquiries out and will start ringing them up tomorrow!

Folks, I have one option so far which is
Westfield Farm
Pateley Bridge
HG3 5BX
£7 per night per person, may or not be hot water, although there may be pay showers, doesn’t care if we turn up late. It’s about 35-40 minutes drive to Almscliff but much closer to the other crags in the area. Reviews suggest it’s a bit of a Yorkshire Eric Byne’s, i.e. basic facilities, but close to Pateley Bridge for pub options. There may in fact be a pub about a mile away…http://thebridgeinnpateley.com/
Any strenuous objections?
I am assuming everyone except @danb is camping, so 9 tents?

That looks like a caravan site… ! ( Westfield Caravan Site, North Yorkshire | UK Parks)

It does both apparently. Definitely also camping, I spoke to the farmer

1 Like

Awesome Matt…well done!

just saying :wink:

1 Like

hey @MattGee
doris might come along. I hope it’s ok to decide that a few days before because it’ll be weather dependent
I guess it would be since it’ll still be just one tent for us both

@ChrisLend I’m sure that will not be a problem. Will you join us on Saturday morning and only camp Saturday evening? Or join us on Friday evening?

plan would be to stay friday to sunday

Okay, campsite confirmed as Westfield Farm as above.

I can take a half day so can leave earlier and be in the first car to arrive, but he doesn’t mind when we show up. Please bring cash (£14). @ChrisLend I told him 9 people but he won’t care if it’s 10.
I will confirm pub once I get that booked; I have booking requests at the Bridge Inn and Square & Compass…

I’ll set up a Whatsapp group next week, if you don’t want to be on that (or don’t have Whatsapp) let me know…

1 Like

Not able to make the meet. If anyone up in Yorkshire/ Leeds again happy to climb with you. Dan

Rob Powell and I are hoping to make the meet, but we may just drive over for each day.

I have a selection of OS maps, mountaineering books and UK guidebooks to give away. I will bring them to the meet, or a later meet if I fail to get to this one.

Sorry to hear you can’t make it @danb , next time!

@dabarlow would be great to see you guys. If you do decide to camp I am a little uncertain as to how bothered the campsite will be if extra people do show up, he probably won’t mind though. I am waiting for confirmation of pub if you wanted to join us on Saturday evening, but we are probably okay for 12 people at the Square and Compass. I will ring the two in Pateley Bridge this weekend.

Intrigued by your guidebooks etc David- would be interested to have a look.

Entirely separately, is anyone else bringing a dog on the weekend (other than us)?

@willboxall - If Me-Me is fully grown now I think it would take at least two other dogs to balance it out! :laughing:

Funny, seems like you only got her the other month…

She probably is fully grown Mark, but still very teenage. Basically an extremely large puppy!

1 Like

Hi Matt!

Do I still in time to try to join the party? In case have I to book the campsite by myself? I may be able to leave on Friday but I need to change my shift at work.

Tobia

Hi Tobia, no problem with the campsite I expect, call them on 01423 711880 (seems better if you ring after 5) and tell them you’re with the climbing club from London.
Transport might be more of an issue but I think we still have space there if @Tom_Blake is driving up in his van.
For dinner we are now maxed out at two tables of 6 if you do come (and Doris joins us, and no one drops out…!)