Ye Olde Yorkshire Meet 2022

It’s time to leave your "the"s in london, done thee flat caps, and prepare yourself to sample some of God’s own rock! It’s Yorkshire!

We can only hope history will repeat itself; with Tobia learning to place trad gear for the first time on an E3, and Peter giving us a rapid lesson on human flight, Yorkshire really has it all.

I’m still in the process of finding a campsite so will update once that’s sorted, provisionally looking for 10 based on numbers last year. Once there’s a clearer picture of numbers I’ll also try to book a meal (last year’s is still one of the best steaks I’ve ever had) so watch this space!

20th/21st August

Signup NLMC Yorkshire Meet 22 - Google Sheets

Hurrah!

Ee bah gum and thats a campsite sorted for ~10 people at £8 pppn! Same site as last year, cheap as chips, bit of a stroll to the loos, good pub at the bottom of the lane.

1 Like

In answer to @George 's question, there is grit close to the campsite (Almscliff, Brimham, Eastby, Rylstone, Simon’s Seat, Crookrise) but also (short, not very good) bolted limestone over towards Settle in the form of Giggleswick North and South, this is however a good hour’s drive away, although a fairly short walk-in.

Which weekend is this.
I may come my over from Halifax seeing as you’re venturing onto the local crags.

Matt

| George_T NLMC Committee Member
13 August |

• | - |

It’s time to leave your "the"s in london, done thee flat caps, and prepare yourself to sample some of God’s own rock! It’s Yorkshire!

We can only hope history will repeat itself; with Tobia learning to place trad gear for the first time on an E3, and Peter giving us a rapid lesson on human flight, Yorkshire really has it all.

I’m still in the process of finding a campsite so will update once that’s sorted, provisionally looking for 10 based on numbers last year. Once there’s a clearer picture of numbers I’ll also try to book a meal (last year’s is still one of the best steaks I’ve ever had) so watch this space!

Signup NLMC Yorkshire Meet 22 - Google Sheets

Good point. Next weekend, 20th/21st.

Thanks. Unfortunately i’m in S Wales then :frowning:

Matt

| MattGee NLMC Member
13 August |

• | - |

Good point. Next weekend, 20th/21st.

Deffo down for this in principal, however it may all depend on my ability to get to someone with a car, as there is a tube and bus strike on friday :roll_eyes:

Hi all

Is it ok for me to attend this meet (with a climbing partner). I haven’t been vetted yet so this is an opportunity to meet some of you and show you my safe belaying skills :sweat_smile:

As a bonus I have a very cute crag dog and I have a vehicle with two seats spare (one way only for this trip I’m afraid unless you want 3/4 days in Lake District?)

I live in Hertfordshire, so anyone needing a lift would need to come out of London (20mins ish on the train from Finsbury Park)

Probably leave early Saturday?

Can lead and have a full rack etc.

Regards

Rich

Oh no, could it be any other weekend ? :smiley:

At this rate it will be.

Hi Rich, nice of you to offer but I am not sure a one way trip is going to suit most people! Can I enquire whether you are already a member or looking to become one?

I’ll be along to this, first meet with the club but I did some of my formative climbing at Brimham and Crookrise. Planning to drive up on Friday (have the afternoon off) and have a couple of spaces - leaving SE London but might be able to do a pick up

My brain was AWOL, apologies. Have updated the post for clarity!

Can you add a link to the campsite? Is it this one?

Hi Matt

I’m looking at becoming a member. Been trying to get down to the castle but evenings are problematic for me ( can make daytime), hence the request to come up and say hello.

Re travel. Yes one way not suitable for most/all, but I thought I’d offer all the same. Future trip if I join will be both ways.

Regards

Rich

Actually Rich, I spoke too soon, it might work if James can give people a lift back!

It does have camping; promise!

1 Like

Since @George_T is not climbing, are you offering to carry people’s rucsacs to the crag?

I’m going to be able to join! 2 spaces going in my car from north london, heading up on friday.

2 Likes