Ye Olde Yorkshire Meet 2022

Bagsy 1 space please Rob!

Worth noting there’s a transport strike on Friday 19th, severe disruption predicted on Tube and bus…

Can’t make this one as being forced to go on stupid stag do in Bournemouth. :frowning:

Does Jess want to come along?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m at a conference in Prague! I am going to check out the Elbe Sandstone Mountains, but will not be climbing them.

1 Like

My weekend teaching plans have probably fallen through, so I’m keen on coming to the Shire. I’d stay at my parents place rather than camp, but happy to drop off if people need it. Does anyone still need a lift? I’m working at Harrisons on Friday so would prob not be leaving London til at least 6pm.

A sporadic chat appearance from an ex-honorary-member! Kenny in Loughborough, I was briefly active 2018-2019 then Global Pandemic meant that as a casual and outside London, there wasn’t that much point continuing in 2020-21. But if I am still welcome, I’d like to join this on Saturday evening and climbing Sunday. Hopefully Matt G can vouch for my belaying. My own climbing has hit rock bottom; no pun intended, and I know Yorkshire grit will totally spank me.
But I can offer lifts from Loughborough which is basically a long extension of North London (Oyster Card sadly won’t get you here even though it’s only 1h15m from St Pancras) probably from 4pm onward on Saturday (I am going diving in a local quarry earlier that day).
But first want to check on if I am allowed to gate crash. I have plenty of gear and little idea

1 Like

Can certainly vouch for Kenny’s belaying :laughing:
If you want to join in, we can’t stop you! Although I don’t think you’ll need to offer lifts as most of London’s public transport is currently on strike…

So I guess we should try and book pub for dinner? How many have we got for pub dinner?
10? Who is going and does not want to eat at a pub?

Cheers Matt. Saturday pub dinner sounds good. I’ve put my details on the sign up. As I’ll have some dive gear in the car I’d prefer to travel light in terms of gear - I have plenty (I can bring esoterica!) but it looks like bringing full rack and ropes will just be ballast!
Plan is to arrive at camp site around 6pm Saturday.

I have booked the Bridge Inn (in Pateley Bridge) for 7:15 Saturday evening, 8 people, closest pub to the campsite. If you are not coming to pub please let me know so I can updated them!

1 Like

Fabulous, thanks Matt!

There is a possibility that my diving tomorrow might get cancelled (I may not know until around 8:30am) in which case I’ll try to head up in the morning and find you at a crag midday. I am armed only with Rockfax Northern England but I imagine you’ll head to somewhere in that book, if someone can text me re: where you end up that’ll be great. I’ll put a few numbers into my phone. As per message above, I’ve not packed a rope and only put in few bits of peculiar gear (one of which will help to keep your pants clean at the top of Fluted Columns at Almscliff :slight_smile: ) My number is on the sign up sheet

I’ve now decided to come from Saturday morning. Sorry for the late decision. Can I be added to the pub meal and Saturday night camping?

No problem David. I’ll adjust the numbers with the pub later, for the campsite just show up!

I am pretty sure it is CASH for the campsite

1 Like

Any idea which crag you’ll be (sheltering under) on Saturday yet?

Haha, yeah it is looking a bit iffy. Almscliff or Brimham I’d guess? Unless you have a better suggestion…

Matt/David

I have completed the sheet (I hope). Please let me know if not appropriate or you need extra info. Can you add two to the pub if possible please

Thank you

Rich

1 Like

I’m packing sport, trad and a bouldering mat.

Damp Yorkshire grit. Spicy. Which forecast are you looking at? BBC has grey clouds and “16%” for most of the day, and actual rain drop graphics coming out of the bottom of clouds at about the time I’ll be pitching a tent and taking the blame for bringing the rain with me