Wye Valley Meet 7th/8th May

Yes please

Thanks Matt, fingers crossed for good weather.

Jamie, let us know if the lift arrangements work for you please.

awesome work mister!

Max, Alex

Iā€™ve space for 2 passagers only (van). I can leave Saturday morning early or Friday evening (after 7pm) now.

Is Saturday morning most convenient for you? If so Iā€™d prefer to leave v early (7am?) to beat the traffic.

Either Canada Water, or west London before the M4? Let me know where youā€™re coming from and I can suggest somewhere else to collect en route.

Jamie

Tobia if you havenā€™t already booked the campsite take my spot as I think Iā€™m going to have to alter my plans now :grimacing:

Hi All, is there still space on this trip for a club newbie ?

If Tobia has booked the campsite you can probably have my spot at the campsite I think Iā€™m going to drop out for some work stuff now

Hi Greg,

If you can sort a lift, book the campsite for yourself and climb with a club member beforehand so we can check your belaying, yes!
Cheers
Matt

Okey dokey!
Thank you for letting me know.
Did you already pay?

Hi Jamie,

I would be happy to come with you. I finish work at 18:00 in South Kensington and would be happy to meet you in the evining.

Let me know,
Tobia

Hey, no I hadnā€™t.

Hi Jamie. Im in Greenwich and could meet you at Canada Water. Leaving Saturday am will still probably get us there before the campers are ready for climbing and will avoid the traffic, so that would be my preference. Leaving 7pm Friday works too, whichever you decide.

Max

Ok max. That works for me too. 7am departure on Saturday from Canada Water tube station it is then.

Tobia thereā€™s space for one more if you want to jump in. 7am at Canada Water or 7.30 at Earlā€™s Court. Do either of those work for you?

Perfect! For me is better to meet you at Earlā€™s Court at 7:30. Is it ok?

Ok Tobia. See you at 7.30 at Earlā€™s Court!

Okay folks, I can scout round the pubs for dinner but there arenā€™t too many and none within walking distance, so I think dinner on the campsite would be best unless there are any strenuous objectionsā€¦?

1 Like

I remember stumbling back from a pub to that campsite before?

Although it was the notorious pub that served me a casserole with a pastry lid under the name of a pie, so I agree we probably shouldnā€™t go back there.

Presumably it was the Anchor Inn in Tinternā€¦or the Rose and Crown. A good 40 minutesā€™ stagger back to the campsiteā€¦uphillā€¦

1 Like

The pubs in Tintern are ok for what they are, but if climbing at Shornecliffe itā€™s a walk back down to Tintern, and then a good climb back up to the camping.

Simplest solution is cook a proper pie at the campsite, they allow fires from memory?

1 Like

Sounds like alpine training to me, get your skates on mate

1 Like