Wye Valley Meet 7th/8th May

Come along and get on it! It’s a toughie :muscle:

Heya, really want to come next weekend but I see most people are planning to leave fairly early on the 6th and I am not due to finish work at Westway till 6:30pm. Whilst technically I can take it off (zero-hours contract) they already need to find cover for 3 other coaches that day. Is there anyone I could catch a lift with?

Looking at the spreadsheet we would currently appear to have:
11 people going
2 not from London anyway
1 Paul Sagar
So 8 people needing transport from London, only 2 confirmed drivers so far
One car (Olly) is capable of going anytime Friday
One car (Jamie) is capable of going early Saturday morning

So before I try to book campsite space we probably need to sort this out as it will mean some folks won’t need camping space Friday night. Other than the obvious (Chiz & Khalid presumably…?) does anyone NOT need to be included into any campsite booking?

1 Like

Yes to Friday camping for me.

I can take three people Friday (lunchtime onwards) if they can get the train to Haddenham (Bucks), which is about a 40min train ride out of Marylebone. Returning Sunday PM.

Hi Matt

Ive just signed up as its just not challenging enough to organise a meet unless you’ve got odd numbers and too few car spaces.

Jamie, im local to you and would appreciate a lift on Saturday if possible. Early start no problem.

Max

2 Likes

Don’t worry about camping for me I’ll just sleep in my van wherever

Jamie, I don’t mind leaving early Saturday but depending on how early I don’t know how I can get to Canada Water with the night tubes not running. If you were able to go via Woodgreen that would be a godsend…

hi guys…bit last minute dot com but would also like to join, although:

1. probs need a climbing partner…anyone else wanna hook up?
  2. would need a lift from anywhere in and around london
  3. can only leave friday evening…5pm probs earliest cos of work…

so totally understand if not possible.

cheers

martin

I’ll join (weather being decent), should help with the London car situation

Preference would be leaving Friday evening and camping Friday

1 Like

Thanks Lada, very useful. We do have enough transport leaving from the London area but only if Jamie can take 3 and at least one person travels with Olly (and/or George H gets there on her motorbike :sunglasses:) I have added a rough car summary to the spreadsheet. The only person who could really go with Olly is me but I can only take the afternoon off so no point in leaving early I guess…I would have plenty of time to get to Haddenham though.

2 Likes

that would be awesome Ladislav…can i cadge a lift!?:grin:

just filled out spreadsheet, Lada’s car appears @robertpirouet can i cadge a lift with you!? ta

Hi guys,

Popping myself on the list at the last minute too! Can drive up from Friday night, have added myself to the spreadsheet.

Cheers,

Rob

Brilliant. There are now enough spaces. I have assigned everyone to a car but I can travel in either Lada or Rob’s car if anyone wishes to swap.

And I have emailed Beeches Farm campsite but there are other options if they are a no go.

Bril, yeah happy to take whoever. Anyone with super long legs I might suggest going with Lada!

Thanks for sorting. Fingers crossed for the weather… Looking forward to meeting you all :slight_smile:

OK folks, I have booked the Beeches Farm Campsite for Friday night (9 people) and Saturday night (12 people). I had to do it now as I am away all weekend and they need the dosh 5 days in advance.

I have updated the spreadsheet with who owes me what. £10 per night, per person.

Beeches Farm Campsite Deposit Details and Price List and Rules 2022.pdf (470.2 KB)
Beeches Farm Camp Site
Tidenham Chase
Chepstow
NP16 7JR
If I have anything wrong let me know, otherwise please pay me!
Bank details
M Grange
Barclays
20-89-15

Hello,
I have just seen the tread and I would like to add myself if possible. I’ve put my name in the spreadsheet.
@MattGee, shell I book the campsite myself?