Virtual Cinema Thread - Showtime:Wednesday 2100 BST

All - committee meeting ce soir and clearly weather for sunny sundowners on the beach we can now drive to so numbers likely down - can I just check who’s likely to join this evening? Weighing up whether to pause tonight and resume next week. Ta

Either way it’s the rump of what we didn’t watch last week from JTs suggestion list: Margo Hayes, Afganistan, Sherpa story, Ondra.

We should be finished by 9:30, so can join later. Feel free to start with Margo Hayes, as I have seen that already.

Afraid i can’t make this eve

NO cinema tonight folks - normal service to resume next week.

Resumption of service tonight - info on whatsapp group - as ever just message me if you want to be added. 07989 359438

Any suggestions welcome folks otherwise I’ll look at hunting down some older film festival stuff later on today. Unless Paul S has helmetcam…

El Cap Rope Solo

Excellent thanks.

So I propose 6 vignettes totalling just 1hr 20ish: the above plus a few suggestions from me including:

A man climbing in Skye (in lieu of club trip) - Charlie Woodburn on Syke Wall E8 6b
A man climbing on Cerro Torre - Calum Muskett and Dave MacLeod
A man climbing in Scotland - Dave MacLeod 24/8 challenge: An 8A boulder, 8a sport route, E8 trad route, VIII,8 winter route and 8 Munros, all in under 24 hours

What say ye?

Sounds good to me!

1 Like

I haven’t been paying close attention, so apologies if its been done already but A Feather in the West is very good…

1 Like

Normal service tonight - info on virtual whatsapp group - as ever just message me if you want to be added. 07989 359438

Gareth

Morning guys,

Just bumping the thread, chatting to Gareth, there’s a few people away this eve so just checking whether there’s interest to crack on anyway or we can skip a week and collate more films for then.

Thanks!

Cheers Rob, don’t mind skipping this week

Check this out…sheer brilliance. Climbing like a ruptured duck!

2 Likes

G’day. Keying off last meet suggestion of Irish bias this evening with 4 shorts then a 45 minute BMC “film” on Owey Island, Donegal, which has been mentioned once or twice? Film includes irish climbers Chloe Condron, Kevin Kilroy, Michelle O’Loughlin and Conor McGovern.

How does that sound - interest?

G

I really want to make these!! I will one day, sorry.

I have an interview with a researcher in climbing psychophysiology this evening. Should be good, but looking forward to finally making a film/pub night!

I blame that disreputable boyfriend of yours, always taking you off climbing.

Normal service tonight - info on virtual whatsapp group - as ever just message me if you want to be added. 07989 359438

Gareth

Don’t think we’ve seen all of these yet?