The Devon Meet 2019

@PaulSagar got a new waterproof floating phone yet?

No, but I do have new insurance. This time when I say “but it isn’t lost, i know exactly where it is, it is in the sea” I will get a new phone instead of having to purchase a new one.

Sure good idea:
Mine: 07367 193325
Doris: 07367 198632

Hi guys! I’m thinking of trying to join on Friday - is anyone definitely going to around?

Cheers,

T

I’ll join as well, albeit it’s a bit last-minute (assuming the campsite still has space - I’ll keep trying to get through to them directly to add +1).

I will catch a ride with the Aidanmobile.

Hi Victor, we are going at 7:00 on Thursday night, does that work for you?

Yes, that works. I messaged Aidan earlier in the day about it.

Couldn’t get through to the campsite this evening, but assuming I can confirm in the morning they’ve got space, i’ll be ready for 7pm Thursday.

1 Like

Hi, it should be fine. I don’t reckon space will be an issue.

Have you got half ropes you could bring as we only currently have mine and singles for abseil ropes?

I am pretty sure they are shoving us in a field away from others so there will be plenty of space for all to join.

Would probably be wise for people to have a sense of who they might be climbing with in advance of arrival and to confirm that with the other person. I’ll be climbing with Jess and my car only has two seats and so I hereby relinquish all partner-coordinating responsibilities. You’re all big enough to sort yourselves out.

We’ve arrived. Far away from others is about right: it’s nearly Woolacombe. If you were planning on arriving after Mrs Combas Farm has gone to bed, you’re going to need directions to find our pitch. Put it this way: showing us to our pitch, she got in her car, drive down the lane and through several fields including a track that I was wondering if I needed 4x4 for. I’ll try and send directions later.

@PaulSagar, I recommend booking the pub if you haven’t already.

Will give them a call, what’s the name of the pub?

1 Like

“…wondering if I needed a 4x4…” - what’s the probability of a Renault kangoo currently held together with gorilla tape and zip ties making it down the track I wonder…

1 Like

The Kangoo will be fine, but if Paul asks you to get out and push, refuse and offer to take the wheel yourself.

2 Likes

The big picture.

Detail. Try to follow the wiggly red line to the big red arrow. Most of the facilities are down by the farm. For those map experts amongst you, notice the contour lines and meters between us and the farm buildings. The facilities look excellent (from a distance).

3 Likes

Ah, I booked for our car since it was Fri as well! I didn’t think about the whole group needing a booking for the Saturday night… :cry: Sorry, think that might be needed still for Sat.

New instructions below (only if arriving late). If arriving normal booking in time, go to the farm house.

Our field has a gate to the road. Watch out for barbed wire on top and decide if your car will be okay on the ground immediately after the gate (looks okay to me but your risk). We are at the opposite end of the field.

Google link for gate: Dropped pin
Near Stentaway Ln, Croyde, Braunton EX33 1NH
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sch58HnU3M6kS7Kf8

I’ve just booked the pub for my carload, 8pm Sat.

I think there is a move to cook at the campsite which is apparently very nice while the pub is not.

I will bring my small bbq and can grill some meat but probably not enough for everyone. If others want to join we will probably need another cooking apparatus.

Guy

There is an alternative plan to eat on the campsite forming. The pub has got Sharp’s beer on its side but otherwise looks pretty naff. The town is overflowing with lobster coloured holidaymakers. Some might feel at home: we are going to stick to the campsite. BBQ?

1 Like