The Devon Meet 2019

Back in the UK on Wednesday eve. Campsite etc will be sorted shortly thereafter.

My girlfriend Doris would also like to come along.
I added her to the spreadsheet

1 Like

Right, I’ve sent an enquiry to this campsite about us staying Friday-Sunday:

[deleted; they declined]

Will confirm in due course.

In the meantime, I propose the following car allocations:

AidanMobile: Mark, Miguel, Sergio

The Yugtrin Express: Matt and Lada

PeterWheels: Doris and Christopher

Sensai @dabarlow, are you coming on this meet?

@khalidqasrawi as I understand it, you are coming but your car is not available for lifts as you have before and after plans?

Any more sign-ups, please let me know sooner rather than later so we can get lifts sorted accordingly.

Hello Paul,

I’ll most likely come down for Saturday until Sunday, driving from Bristol. All depends on work etc.

Will bring partner and 3 year old son. Do you reckon the campsite is vaguely family friendly or m I better off finding a separate accommodation and join in on climbing activities where practical?

Hi Mattia,

From the website it looks perfectly kid friendly, though I suppose as a working livestock farm a close watch might be kept on children who don’t always know which bits of which animals it can be dangerous to put one’s fingers near! You’ll certainly be welcome to join the NLMC contingent and camp with the rest of us, of course.

they have a link to this

https://www.thebigsheep.co.uk

on their website, so clearly not trying to discourage families!

Sorry @guyarnold, I guess by making that link public knowledge I may have ruined your weekend. Then again @Catrin doesn’t tend to check Chat so maybe you’ll get away with it…

Urgh, the campsite say they don’t want people turning up after 9.30 and are claiming to be “nearly full with families” so it looks like a no go.

Back to the drawing board. @dabarlow any other suggestions for campsites?

Results from www.ukcampsite.co.uk for North Devon with filters Open All Year Round and Tents brings up 30 possibilities.
https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results.asp?county=Devon+(North)&openallyear=on&tents=on
Filtered for within 15 miles of Bude gives you https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/townlisting.asp?address=&town=Bude&county=Devon+(North)&tents=on&openallyear=on&bar=&shop=&restaurant=&beach=&transport=&clubs=99&md=15&l=50.8268940&lg=-4.5459680

1 Like

Hi Paul, cheers for the organising.

Aidan and I were looking to go on Thurs night to get an extra day of climbing in, any chance of sorting a Thurs arrival at the campsite?

Miguel can hopefully do Thurs as well, Sergio can’t from the spreadsheet.

Thanks Mark, good info that.

Sergio could presumably ride with Peter?

Jess and I will probably go on Thursday too - I’ll aim to get an early book-in for both you guys and us accordingly.

1 Like

Just added myself to Peter’s car as I can’t go on Thursday

1 Like

Ciao,

Rob and I would like to join the crew :slight_smile: Can you count us in for the camping friday and saturday night Paul please.

it looks we are short on car spaces at the moment, but let’s see :slight_smile:

Sure thing.

Currently getting stonewalled by a few campsites but will resume the search this afternoon.

Left field suggestion - maybe think about a South Devon meet and see if last years campsite would have us again if you are really stuck this time?

The thought has crossed my mind. But I REALLY want to go to Lower Sharpnose

I have taken next Friday off work so happy to leave Thursday after work.

Paul, you could go to the north from Thursday and decamp for the weekend. Ian Lau or Manchi it Tim might know where they went a few years ago - a big group went to North Devon

1 Like

Thanks Fran - I suspect it was the campsite @dabarlow recommended, but who have said we can’t turn up after 9.30 now…

Unsuited for a big group, of course, more an advance party, but I’ve spent several nights dossing in some of the car parks on that bit of coast over the years without any hassle.

Sharpnose is very good. From what I’ve seen of the tides there won’t be much doing until nearly lunchtime (clovelly low water is 1pm Thursday which implies ~3pm Saturday) so the drive from South Devon in the morning is not entirely outlandish…

I may try to do a Fri/Sat hit, unsure. I’ll see how I go. Keen on sharpnose and perhaps pentire a little further down.

1 Like

Just got an offer from a campsite…charging £28 pp per night…the search continues…