Summer Solstice Meet 2022

Going to be Wales for us I’m afraid. Cornwall forecast is too poor to justify spending a million quid on diesel, plus can do Alps training in Snowdonia.

Collective Hut BBQ on Saturday night?

1 Like

Tough one to call… it looks like it’s def going to rain on sat, but not torrential. How much and how bad the vis gets its not clear. Sunday keeps changing. Now no rain forecast…I wouldn’t blame anyone for calling it too marginal to come from london!

I’m already in cornwall with plans up to Friday pm, so north wales isn’t a goer for me I’m afraid. If anyone is in the same boat and wants to try to scratch out some good times in cornwall let me know?

We’re happy to switch to Wales if there’s a consensus. :+1:

Hi All, on balance I think best to switch to North Wales.

It’s a committing drive from London and given the uncertainty in the forecast I don’t believe worth the risk of poor weather (this trip has history with bad weather…).

In contrast, the forecast in Snowdonia is uncommonly stable and generally better looking.

It’s hardly Mediterranean in Wales but It’d still be nice to get a bbq in on the saturday night. All other meals will be self-catered (unless anypne fancies cooking me a load of sausages on the morning :kissing_heart:).

I’ve put my number on the sheet so drop me a message directly if you have any concerns!

3 Likes

Side note, anyone going to be driving up from north london around 6pm tomorrow? Can borrow a car myself but would prefer to ride share!

Also had a weather related change of plans so could join a weekend in the cottage! No car this weekend so would also be looking for a lift Friday after work

Hi All. Since the club meet has moved to Wales, not sure if anybody would be interested in not being a dirtbag and upgrading to (relatively) luxury accommodation for the weekend. I’ve booked two B&B rooms in Betws-y-Coed for Friday and Saturday night, because my wife and Mother-in-law were meant to join me in Wales for the weekend, then decided at the last minute that it’s not beach weather. I’d be happy to pass on one or both of the rooms at a significantly discounted rate if anyone is interested…

My partner’s felt crap all day, literally just tested and she’s got the covid, going to have to play it safe and stay home. Really sorry to bail guys. Olly was going to give me a lift from Haddenham, really hoping you guys can still get out there and get some climbing/bbq’ing done!

2 Likes

Well, Cornwall is now showing Saturday night as absolutely soaking though the climbing times looks okay, but we’re delayed with a need for a car fix so I’m happy with the change to N.Wales and will see everyone there together with Greg. We’ll arrive late this evening.

BTW, I see some people on the sheet who aren’t marked with a car (@Daniel e.g.) - is there anyone who still needs a lift?

I have updated the sheet - we have one and a half space leaving from just North of London at around mid day today, coming back tuesday (will be able to drop off in London).

Lol the weather is chasing us. Rain from 3pm in Capel but earlier in the day plus Sunday look ok for now.

Pub dinner at Tyn-Y-Coed?

As a reminder, i also have one space in the car leaving finsbury park at 1800

Unless the Wales forecast for tomorrow sorts itself out pretty soon, we’ll probably go to Dorset and enjoy sunshine rather than rain

@mikedlr thanks for the reminder! Unfortunately Tuesday does not work for me

@George_T would it be alright if I take that space?

Although the forecast down there just turned for Sunday…so god knows really

Just come to the cottage and drunk beer. The route I have in mind in the Pass can (allegedly) be climbed in the rain. Snowdonia National Park Forecast (mwis.org.uk) is still predicting a good weekend: Saturday “Much of northern Snowdonia may stay largely dry, some spots of rain from high cloud.”

If there are any refugees from the weather heading to Dorset on Saturday, I will note excellent morning tides for anyone interested in Portland DWS.

Sunday looks wet first thing with the possibility of a dry window in the middle of the day.

Weather in the Costa del Cymru not so terrible.

1 Like

Where’s that?

The sort of route you get “in” not “on” I believe.