Regular Saturday Morning Climbing at the Castle

@willboxall - Should be there, hopefully not as busy on the lead walls this time! :joy:

Good stuff Mark- should be much easier to get plenty of leading in!

Will

i might show up this time as well

Iā€™ll be there. Hoping to bring a friend. Yes I have a friend. Singular. Donā€™t be shocked.

Iā€™m coming with rope too.

Hello there! I am very new to this group but frequently go to the Castle Climbing centre. I would love to meet you and any of the members at the Castle on Saturday to discuss membership and other activities. Please let me know where in the Castle you meet. Thank you. Barbara

Hi Barbara, I should be around tomorrow morning as long as I am not feeling in any way unwell! The Castle has put some basic measures in place for hygiene https://www.castle-climbing.co.uk/coronavirus-climbing but overall a climbing centre is a very good place to catch things so donā€™t be surprised if NLMC and general attendance is at a low for a while.

Hi All, I was at the Castle Outdoor Bouldering session last night, and one of the staff mentioned their 25th July main centre reopening date. Would be keen to know if people were interested in a Saturday morning slot for leading?

I also guess thereā€™s an outside chance the Castle might allow us Club bookings- perhaps worth exploring?

Will

I think thatā€™s a pretty outside chance Will, as the Castle will need to control numbers and from what I hear booking on behalf of others will not be possible at least initially.

I do think one or more threads on here to coordinate partners for lead/toproping might be a good idea e.g. I have booked the 11am slot at the Castle for leading has/can anyone else book this slot?

Also am I right in thinking (in case I have missed a communication) that the Castle is yet to officially announce it will reopen then? I have had a communication from the Stronghold e.g.

Hi Matt- the Castleā€™s website announces their 25th July opening (under Coronavirus Update section). The Duty Manager I spoke to mentioned remodelling of changing rooms, relocation of cafe etc, with a lot of this work having been completed,

Will

So it is
https://www.castle-climbing.co.uk/coronavirus

The outdoor boulders have been open for a bit.

Yeah Iā€™ve been to outdoor boulder twice now. Mainly lost loads of skin
But the booking process is pretty simple and you can book for up to 5 participants.
You got to be really quick though. At least the outdoor part is fully booked really quickly

So I hear wrong about booking for multiple participants then! Excellent.

Bouldering tomorrow afternoon if anyoneā€™s aboutā€¦2:30 - 4:30ā€¦

Anyone want to top rope with a cripple once the booking is open?

1 Like

@PaulSagar - Happy to arrange some bits closer to mid-Aug, just need my calf to carry on healing and hay fever to stop making me touch my face every 5 minutesā€¦

1 Like

Hi all, spoke to Will yesterday and weā€™re keen to get back to some leading. Iā€™m happy to book for a few people. Will and Naomi have 10-12 Saturday 15th August. That slot is now booked up, but does anyone fancy a group climb at 10:30-12:30? Iā€™m happy to book the max (I think i can book for 5 of us).

Let me know soon, in case the slots go!

Hello Lottie, I would like to join! I can only really top rope at the moment but I can lead belay :slight_smile: