Pembroke Easter Meet (Range West briefing) - 19-Apr to 22-Apr

Count me in, @dabarlow, thanks!

OKay, there is now an additional reservation for 8 people on Friday and 7 people on Saturday at 8pm at ST. Govanā€™s under my name. We are covered peeps!

Aurelio and I are independently driving to Pembroke Wednesday evening I am looking to leave Oakwood at 6pm and I have a couple of spaces free should that there be any takers - I appreciate that itā€™s probably too late for most to consider, plus Khalid is trying to sort travel plans generallyā€¦

Cars

As far as I can see, everyone is sorted except for Johannes and Lada.

Johannes, Iā€™m offering space in my car leaving tomorrow am.

Lada, looks like there is no option for North London for tomorrow evening. @rspillett, @dabarlow, do you still have a space for Lada?

Does otherwise, looks like everyone is sorted? Shout now if not.

I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to intersect with any lifts, so probably not going to make this one. Have a great time everyone.

Lada we have space leaving from Clapham south/Common sometime between 17:00 and 17:30.

Iā€™m leaving tomorrow morning some time, east London.

@george_margesson have you got a lift sorted? @MattGee is riding with @khalidqasrawi so I could pick you up en route as previously suggested? No worries if youā€™re sorted.

Thanks, that sounds good. Iā€™ll PM you to get the details

Thanks Paul - yes Iā€™m hopping in with Khalid too, but thanks.

1 Like

From BMC website:

Range West 2019
All climbers wanting to climb here in 2019 must attend a safety briefing. Range West is a live firing range and unexploded ordnance and other dangerous military items are found on parts of Range West. The dates for the 2019 briefing are:

Thursday 07/03/2019 at 18.00
Saturday 09/03/19 at 10.00am
Thursday 18/04/19 at 18.00
Good Friday 19/04/19 at 10.00am
Thursday 23/05/19 at 18.00
Saturday 25/05/19 at 10.00am (also part of the Annual Pembroke Climbing Festival - details to follow!).

And by special demand, an extra August briefing on Thursday 08/08/19 at 18.00, to take advantage of the month long shut down of the Ranges . (There is no firing at all and full access for briefed climbers to Range West for the whole of August).

All the breifings are held at the Castlemartin Army Camp, postcode SA71 5EB. As usual turn up about 10 minutes early to allow for parking (next to the big Chieftain tanks!) and to get through the security gates.

There is no military training or firing (and therefore there will full access for climbing, subject to the usual conservation restrictions) between the following dates:

Saturday 13/04/19 to Sunday 28/04/2019 and Thursday 01/08/2019 until Monday 02/09/2019.

1 Like

A lift with you would be fantastic! Where are you planning on meeting?

You are welcome Johannes. Glad you are coming. @PaulSagar might be looking for a passenger: maybe try him first?

Tis a good weekend for tides!

1 Like

Still room to join on this trip? Looks like my other Easter plans are going to fall through. I can drive if others are looking for lifts!

@Tim: Where would you be leaving from? Adam has me down to travel with him but itā€™s going to be a bit of a mission getting over to Kew after work so Iā€™m open to other optionsā€¦

@PaulSagar do you still have a space leaving East London?

@Tim, your misfortune will be our gain. Come to Pembroke. There may still be space in the @rspillett, @dabarlow car tomorrow evening although looks like you might gain a fan (@Tom_Blake) if you drive.

@PaulSagar thinks he is taking @jobangles so no space next to him anymore: youā€™ll notice the noise has died down since that seat got filled.

Is everyone else happy with their rides so far?

If it is of any help I can still be a ā€œfloaterā€ (as it were!) on this but I am not in London, I am in Leicestershire. Looks like you have it all in hand and thatā€™s cool and I can remain ā€œnot part of this tripā€ equally happily . Just saying there is some sort of possibility but probably involves some faff for someone ! I have other stuff I can get on with over Easter. I did the classic ā€œleave options openā€ thing then watched various options close :smiley:

Kenny, you too will be welcomed: Bosherston will have room for all of us.

Thanks Khalid, appreciated. What is the deal with the camping field, have you reserved a certain amount of space for NLMC? Iā€™m just thinking it could be full to capacity, Iā€™m not sure how itā€™s booked these days but just getting a flashback to Tomā€™s Field at Swanage one time that was all ā€œchilled, no worries, first come first servedā€ and then I couldnā€™t get in and had to go pay a squillion pounds at a C&CC site :smiley:

Camping: there is no booking, you just turn up. Itā€™s a large field.