Pembroke Easter Meet (Range West briefing) - 19-Apr to 22-Apr

Hi @Tom_Blake, 2 are taken already but we should fit with four if everyone will no try to pack the whole house (it is ffocus only). Actually we could share some camping gear…

I think @dabarlow said he’s aiming to come, so could be at least one more Pembroke-bound car to account for?

I’ve added myself and Richard Spillett to the spreadsheet.

Would anyone be up for shorter weekend, heading Fri evening back Sunday? At least there will be no BH traffic :smile:

Sounds good man. I don’t have much in the way of group camping gear though, mainly the small stuff i use for backpacking.

We can give our camping stuff to Paul to take for us :slight_smile:

Tell it to @khalidqasrawi and his intimidation campaign against the Kangoo

Hi, I am kind of keen on this although being a logistical numpty I have not thought things through very well! I live in Loughborough and would need to set off from there (or from my office in Leicester) either end-of-play Thursday, or on Friday (missing the briefing). However I am keen to avoid driving myself all the way to Pembroke and back in my obnoxiously fuel-hungry midlife crisis wannabe racing car that does 25mpg and only has space for one passenger (and which probably wouldn’t survive entry into the camping field). So I’m looking to get myself somewhere (by train or car) where I can jump into a group car.
Max, what are your plans?
And Dale and Yvonne, what are your plans?
I’m not too bothered about Range West either way, although if that is where everyone is going to be climbing then I guess I should be bothered…
I’ve possibly left this too late to plan :-/
I have booked out all my annual leave so I can’t do an early escape on Thursday.

Hi Kenny,

No plans as yet. Would quite like to get to Pembroke but would involve mustering the will to drive to Pembroke hard on the heels of a Scotland trip. If I can get a car full then probably a goer. Given timings we’ll be where the good stuff is (Range East) so would want to be self sufficient on numbers / gear.

M

Thanks Max.

And to all - a slight improvement in logistical circumstance. I now have use of a sensible car across Easter (a rented Corsa) so I have passenger space if relevant, and indeed less of an objection to getting myself there and back alone if needed, as I’ve probably halved the fuel use! Obviously still better to car share but unfortunately I am still setting off from Leicestershire.

Just tried four times to fill in the Google Docs, it seems to lose its connection after about 20 seconds. I am on a perfectly good Broadband connection. In case I never get to fill it in:
Will have 2-3 spaces, setting off from Leicestershire (LE6 0PG) the Thursday early evening. Plenty of gear and ropes, probably bring my 60m single and 50m halves. Not leading strong, VS on a good day. Happy with abseiling and building anchors etc. Flexible on departure, would look to stay until 22 (weather dependent). Could still be a possibly to meet Max A somewhere and leave one car, save on pollution.

Are we aranging transport yet? Anyone have a spot in a car from London (NE preferrably), on Thursday evening?

I’ll look at transport options next week when I get back (probably Wednesday). I think we have plenty of drivers.

I’m going to book a table at the St Govan’s Inn on at least Friday and Saturday night because it’s likely to be packed. Who’s interested? I have 3 so far including me.

1 Like

And me please David. Fri and Sat only are fine for me, cheers.

Yes please me too thanks David!

Yes please

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: me too

Good idea David and thanks for the assist. Yes please for me too for Fri and Sat.

Also folks, I will look at the car situation Tue / Wed. If there’s been some sneaky, off Chat forum, car organising going on, please can you update the spreadsheet to indicate who your are taking / who’s car you in.

Me too please David, thanks.

Remember: the lasagne at the St Govan’s Inn is NOT a lasagne. Nor are the pies in fact pies.