Pembroke 6/7th Aug

@ducle if you can leave late Friday morning (wont be early but enough time to get there and have a bit of a climb) you are welcome to join in my car. I’m based in Haddenham so half hour away from you and can come pick you up. Coming back Sunday PM.

I have a space in the car. Friday 5pm - Monday, leaving from Finsbury Park. Whatsapp on 07474946349

1 Like

@olly thanks for the offer but unfortunately I can’t take the day off on Friday… (or Monday). Martin B can’t take time off either so we’ll meet and go up together on Friday night / back Sun night…

1 Like

Hey, I’d be keen on coming if there is space, but unsure if I have enough experience. I lead trad up to VS (somewhat nervously) and have done a bit of multi pitch in the mountains, but no sea cliffs. Would my experience level be enough?

1 Like

You’ll be fine, abseiling in is a little intimidating, but there’s a few areas where you can walk in. And a range of grades, if you’ve never been, there’s plenty at S-VS for a weekend

1 Like

Does everyone know where we are camping?

I assume we are going to the legendary Farmer Simon’s Field of Dreams.

I believe that’s what the original post refers to … Bosherton? the usual…

1 Like

how do we pay the fee now? i understand george cannot make it…soz might have missed a post! cash to farmer john?

I volunteered to collect it! Please could everyone try to bring exact money although I will try to have change on me.

1 Like

I’m guessing the illustrious farmer will arrive on the saturday morning expecting his dues. @MattGee has kindly offered to do a whip around to hopefully avoid 20 individual payments. Please remember a bit of cash all!!

Pretty sure he rocks around on a quad bike collecting it, if I remember the right campsite…

1 Like

ha ha …thats the one…with a massive snarling pooch on the back! jokes…they still got those lovely warm showers? :rofl:

I now stay at the basic camping field down by the headland car park, it also has a farmer and a dog on a quad, does have a vague shower block, and isn’t near that over-priced pub, plus super close to beach and path to RW

A quad bike WITH DOGS ON IT

As Pembroke is a bit serious, can anyone who is a) a relative newcomer and/or b) doesn’t have a settled partner for the weekend make me and Matt aware on Friday evening/Saturday morning?

We should do some coordinating to ensure teams are well matched with appropriate experience, and people are maybe going as groups to various locations.

Basically I don’t want two relative beginners stuck in Huntsman’s Leap as the tide comes in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone…not sure youre all on the chat so posting here too. You will need to book the pub quick sticks. they have a couple of large bookings (one for 20 unless that is us!?)
Number is Tel +44 1646661311
I have booked for 4 me Max, Duc (who has been kind enough to drive me) and another climbing partner. David has booked for his crew I think
Cheers
M

Is it too late to get involved and join for the weekend? I’ll drive myself (lifts available if anyone wants to come from shropshire/birmingham area :upside_down_face:)

I’ve also booked at table for 4 for 8.30 tomorrow night. I think there are also various other bookings at different times between 7 and 8.30, so hopefully everyone will be able to join at some point :slight_smile:

Hi Gerben, pretty sure that wouldn’t be a problem, be great if you have your own gear and some prior experience leading? I’m pretty sure I’ve met you but can’t remember what your climbing experience was…

I think we have enough seats booked in the pub on Saturday too… :grimacing: