Peak District Meet 29 Apr - 1 May

Hey @Sean, I arranged a lift with Lada yesterday but forgot to update the sheet so I guess the car might be full? Sorry about that.

Looks like there’s 4 in Ladas car, including him (+Matt, Ben, me). Is your car not able to fit 4 in Lada?

Lada’s car takes 4, I’m just checking his girlfriend isn’t coming along, but I didn’t think she was.

Edit: she is not, so this car has Lada, Sean, Ben W and myself and is now full.

If anyone else is thinking of joining this meet please put your name down, otherwise I will base the final calculation for the bunkhouse cost on the current number of 23, which is currently £52 each or £17 per night.

Astonishingly Maazi in Hathersage have confirmed a booking for 24 people at 7:30 on Saturday 29th, so we are sorted for that evening’s meal. Sunday we will need to cook chez nous.
Please bring cash for the tip

I have now added the club’s bank details to the spreadsheet, please could everyone pay £52 as soon as possible, thank you!

2 Likes

Amazing! Well done Matt :raised_hands:

Anyone got a space in their car for this weekend (hackney based)? Cheers, Chris

One would hope the ambience is far from histrionic!

I don’t know Richard, with a table for 24 tired and hungry climbers histrionics could very well result…!

1 Like

Good point.

Chris, yes certainly, welcome aboad.

1 Like

Sian, can you confirm where in Shrffield you need picking up from and what your mobile number is - either on here, or by messaging me on 07398718422.

Very lucky! Is the plan to do a communal dinner Sunday?

I think we have to yeah. Massive pasta should do okay, although people are free to split out and cook in small groups if they want. Club’s not funding this though!

1 Like

Hi All.

Very late to the conversation re lifts etc - I will be travelling directly from Sheffield on Friday as conveniently have a day working there. Will train to Hathersage then was hoping I could beg a pick up from the station with someone? I expect it will be around 8/9pm (if not I can also walk).

Wondering if there is any car space on the Monday back? Happy to train if not.

Hi Sian, @Peter will hopefully get in touch with you, or you can PM him

Hi Sian

I anticipate arriving in Hathersage around 9pm on Friday and happy to pick you up from the station and give you a lift back on Monday. Could you give me your mobile number; I am on 07398718422.

Hi Peter

This sounds fab - thank you so much!

Hi All, Olly is planning to return on Sunday but I’d like to stay on, would anyone driving back on Monday be able give me a lift and drop me at Hemel Hempstead station? It’s about 10mins off M1 junction 8.

Otherwise I’ll return with Olly on Sunday evening.

Hi Adam, I’ll be driving back Monday eve and able to give you a life to Hemel - my final destination is West London so that looks fine.