Peak District Meet - 20/21st April

I’m also happy to camp!

The pods are booked up next weekend unfortunately

I stayed at Edale youth hostel the other week it was great. Would be a drive to the craggs but never too far. Don’t know if there is availability still?

If anyone else doesn’t want to camp, I could request to book extra people at the CC hut in Froggatt. I think it’s £15 per night for non-members

1 Like

I’d rather not camp if there’s the option not to. It’s meant to get colder again next week. Think Sam too.

1 Like

Cool, I’ll try to book tomorrow. Makes sense too since you’re in my car! Anyone else?

Anyone with a space in a car going to the CC hut?
I rather not camp, but since I’m dependent on a transport situation I will adapt.

Just booked my spot at North Lees campsite. Link is here. Looks like they have somewhat limited availability (28 pitches left when I booked):

Ben how likely is the scout hut? There’s 19 of us needing accommodation if there’s a mix of people camping and not camping that could work? So far only 6 have replied that happy to camp

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’ve just had a reply saying the scout hut is booked up, so our the only available option that I’ve found for non-camping as a large group is Hagg Farm outdoor centre.

Personally I’d prefer a bunkhouse, but I’m fine with camping if that’s the majority consensus. The minimum booking means that Hagg Farm will be very pricey if not everyone is up for it.

I’ve enquired for a group booking. If there are 28 pitches available, I wouldn’t be worried about space. I’m pretty sure we usually fit 3-ish small tents per pitch at most campsites. We probably need one pitch per car more or less.

I’ll just stay in my van so won’t require accommodation.

How much is it at Hagg Farm? There are only 6 beds left at the Climbers Club hut so am keen to get this sorted today :crossed_fingers:

Just as a matter of interest CC members can only take three guests. Does the club have some sort of arrangement with the CC?

Hagg Farm is £28.5 per person per night, so £57 for the weekend with a minimum booking of 20 people, although I might be able to haggle them down on that by a couple of spots.

I may have a campervan by next weekend (busting with excitement) and would have liked to try it out…But as I’m travelling with Olly, will need to align plans. Just trying to get hold of him, I only got back from hols 10mins ago.

Personally I’m ok with Hagg Farm or tent camping anyway, so really depends on Olly’s preference.

Will let you know our thoughts ASAP.

OK I’ve booked me, Chantelle, Sam and Matt into the CC hut. We’re all travelling in my car so less faff too!

I’ve added an Accommodation column to the spreadsheet so we can keep track of where people will be.

1 Like

OK, I’ve booked me and Olly a pitch with a reserved parking bay. I’ve stated 2 tents but you are allowed up to 5 small tents, depending on numbers in the car you reserve the bay for. So if booking a pitch with parking is an issue for anyone, just let me know and I can add a few adults and tents to the booking (£10ppn) and we can do some sort of ferrying/shuttling from parking in town if needed.

Would it be possible for me to join this trip at this late stage?