Peak District Bouldering meet

What crag are you going to?

Right team crag decision. Weather is NW 8mph gusting 15, sunny and cold.

So we need somewhere that will catch the sun from the morning. Curbar is west facing but do the boulders get sun on southerly aspects?

Curbar boulders, trackside ect will do and with that wind likely be dry. Guerrilla warfare probably wonā€™t be.

Burbage north will probably not be dry under the trees and with that wind be cold.

Burbage West will be sheltered and possibly dry depending how much snow fell and melts in the next day.

Stanage will just be cold.

Frogatt may be dry, canā€™t remember how quickly the main crag dries as thatā€™s where the decent boulders/high balls are

Right excellent thanks. Letā€™s go to Curbar then. If itā€™s too cold we can make alternative arrangements.

Also everyone staying at the bunkhouse remember to bring a sleeping bag. Make sure itā€™s a warm one lol.

1 Like

Would Baslow Edge/rocks be an option; I seem to remember it having boulders that have routes on several sides, including south-facing?

Regards

We can park in carpark in between Curbar and Baslow and then both are an option?

I may join a bit later or leave earlier as Iā€™ve a few projects Iā€™d like to get on. Will depend in the weather.

There is a circuit there but from memory itā€™s pretty poor. Not any decent stand out lines or boulders (personally anyway).

Also landings arenā€™t always great

Afraid Iā€™m going to bail. Thereā€™s a few factors in play, but mostly I just think itā€™s going to be too damn cold.

Sorry guys, have fun.

Iā€™m running late but shall meet you at the crag. Hoping to be at the car park for about 10.45ish

What an excellent first meet of the year! Great climbing and a smashing curry. Keen to get out for some more bouldering this winter!

Here are some pics:

2 Likes
![image|666x500](upload://meJSaxQNp8VWeFK4flgOuGMoi24.jpeg) ![image|666x500](upload://s0eDiGvFf2xvqjVpI7q8PoHxS6Z.jpeg) 

And donā€™t forget the rugby!

Iā€™ll be out most weekends, either in the peak or further up north, welcome to join anytime

1 Like

More super pictures.

4 Likes

4 Likes

And on the same weekend: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-47116409

2 Likes