Peak District Bouldering Meet 2023 - 25/26 Feb

Quite keen to come but looks like accommodation is full! Is there likely to be a contingent staying elsewhere??

Will also drive if I do come

I initially couldn’t come but have had plans changed. If there is a contingent staying at a separate accommodation i’d be interested in joining !

Hi both, I am enquiring about costs for additional space at Thorpe Farm (Hayloft), to see if it works to spread out over both. I will let you know in the next few days and see if there is a workaround. Otherwise you’re welcome to book something yourself. If you can add your name to the signup sheet either way (even if provisional), that would be useful. Thanks!

I’m so sorry I won’t be coming on this meet after all. With all the climbing i need to get done for my assessment I decided to go to Spain and smash out half my sport climbs there. Sad to be missing the grit adventures :frowning: but looking forward to hearing about it and all the sketchy highballs you all do

1 Like

I think you mean lovely steep lowballs above a sea of pads, Holly :joy:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Can I get feelers from the group in regards to accommodation, as to what people are willing to pay vs. space - particularly as I am not actually able to join the weekend (and hate making decisions for others). We have 16 needed accommodation and there are two options:

1. For £25pp total - We have The Byre reserved which sleeps 14 but 4 of those spaces are in the living area connected to the kitchen (photo: The Byre - Thorpe Farm Bunkhouses). I can then also book individual extras (2 people) into the Hayloft at the same price. This is a cheaper options but we are more squeezed in.
  2. For £34pp total - I can book The Byre and also sole use of the Hayloft, this would mean people can split between both, and hopefully no-one would have to sleep in the living/kitchen area.

Please can I get a steer from those signed up on preference. If there are no complaints option 2 seems preferable, but if there are concerns just need to ensure there will be volunteers for sleeping in the living area if we go with option 1.

Thanks!

Thanks Tilly, I am happy with option 2 and agree it seems the best

2 Likes

Same!

I’m happy with option 2, thanks for organising!

1 Like

Option 2 works for me!

2 seems best to me but am happy with either. Thank you for organising Tilly!

Likewise - option two works!

Ok, perfect thanks all. Will get the Hayloft booked in for sole use.

Will send round payment details closer to the time - last call for sign-ups!

3 Likes

Also happy with option 2
Thanks for organising

Hey Tony - can’t seem to message you separately but mind if I hop in your car for the trip? I live in Borough so Bermondsey is ideal and can see on the spreadsheet you have some space! Thanks!

Yep, can do.

1 Like

Great thanks Tony! If you send me a message on WhatsApp we can make arrangements for Friday

Hi, who is Laura P on the spread sheet ?
And more importantly, do you still have space for one more Laura?

Sam and i haven’t bouldered outdoors before so interested in burbage where there’s more easy stuff to try, will others be interested in there? Otherwise might see if we can borrow an additional pad from outside.

Burbage is good but you have to be there early, as for all Peak venues at weekends.