Peak bouldering 31st/1st (this weekend)

Don’t worry about me making it, I think I’m now heading to Northumberland on Sunday so don’t really want to climb much Saturday (keep some fresh skin)

I’m working night so quite impossible. Don’t worry and enjoy the trip!

I’m Saturday only (sorry guys - and will take some of the blame if it’s damp) - but have absolutely nothing valuable to add on location!

Opposite the castle at 7.30 works for me…! 07879559309

1 Like

I just realised I have one medium sized bouldering pad at my place in Haggerston. You are welcome to use it, I am not able to climb for a good month still…

@MattGee if you are passing by after work, feel free to pick it up.

Mind you, good luck with riding home with it :rofl:

1 Like

Let’s stick with Sat.

@Kris if matt can’t get the mat then I can come grab it after work…?

Re location:
Burbage North/West - enough for everyone I think but all quite spread out which can be a pain and potentially quite chilly (though I think everywhere will be quite chilly!).
Burbage south - good spread of everything and friendly landings but nothing super hard or high
Cratcliffe/Robin Hoods - worried this might be a bit wet as lots of it is quite sheltered other than parts of Robins Hood (but there is lots to go out and I have a project there).

Personally, I would probably opt for Burbage west/north, but given the group’s ambitions Burbage South may be more sensible? View please!

Guy

1 Like

I can’t get the mat, I’m on the bike! Happy with either Burbage but we will definitely want to be in the sunshine as much as possible.

I know I’m not joining however have some a bit of time at the burbages over the last year. West really doesn’t have much in the 6s that are good. North would be a better shout (really recommend remergence for soft 6b, submergence for a bit harder)

Wherever you decide get there early as parking will be a problem later in the morning. The crowds come out on a sunny day.

In that case Burbage south?

I think both cars leaving tomorrow at 7.30 from castle, so we can go in convoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, I will be in all afternoon / evening

Would anyone be keen if I packed a rack and ropes?

Too cold for belaying I think!

Yes, I was up there a few weeks ago in slightly warmer temperatures and belaying was no fun at all!

But good weather for great friction for bald slabs.
So for belaying you’ll need to run around in duvet to warm up prior to donning running shoes ready for “the off”!

Matt Kingsley.
(m) 07900 246 256

(w) 07717 838 901

Apologies all, but I’m going to have to give this weekend a miss.

If anything I’ve gotten more ill as the week has progressed and I don’t think a day in the freezing cold is going to do me any favours.

Hopefully another trip soon

Sorry to hear that Sean. Next time!

Everyone else - best parking is above the fox house pub. See you there or before if we manage to do the convoy.

Will have a stove. Bring your own cup/thing to put in hot water!

Few photos from the weekend - should be 20 or so…!

3 Likes