Peak bouldering 31st/1st (this weekend)

I’d be very keen on this trip as well if there’s space? I have a mat, but no car. Live pretty close to the Castle

Great Sean - yeah they’ll definitely be space by the looks of things.

I also live v close to castle. Funny coincidence this…

To air organising could everyone fill in the attached sheet?

We can then work out who’s staying for the weekend and what location(s) would meet our various requirements.

Here:

I’d recommend Under Rockes for something a bit different… it’s a really nice walk to get to the crag, and with 3 3-star 6c-ish routes next to each other, probably with the place all to yourself, it makes a pretty good day… for Southern Sandstone… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Boulder or ropes? No way I can do 6c boulder on the Pervert Pebbles

Filthy topropes. Guaranteed concrete free topouts though!

1 Like

Thanks for filling in everyone. Will sort lifts later on. @Sean @Binit-Shah are you guys looking to climb both days? I would like to ideally but if I’m by myself it may just be a day trip!

Guy

Sorry, was away yesterday. Filled out the sheet. Saturday only for me ATM

If we all just want to do a day does the forecast not look better on the Sunday…? Bit misty sat am could be damp. Unless that screws with people’s plans.

Guy

Also filled out the sheet.

I’ve been ill all week and haven’t climbed in a while so I’m only up for a day trip unfortunately.

Either fine by me

I reckon it will still be dry. Wind looks good and catch the right venue, there will be a breeze. Frogatt may not be the best bet as alot of the good bouldering/edges I’ve found dries slowly.

Burbage north should be good, south boulders too possibly but nothing of mention/hard really there to go at. West could be in if it’s a breeze (west side story!)

Burbage west could be a good shout (seems a fair amount for everyone there) but won’t it be utterly baltic if it’s windy (given forecast 1-3c!)??

Fairly late to the party but I’d be keen for this if there’s still space (no worries if not!). I’d prefer a day trip but happy with either day and any venue!

Umm there isn’t loads there at easy grades, nothing really good around mid 6 from memory.

Probably be a bit cold but think if the friction!!

Does the below work for cars?

My car (leaving from opposite the castle at 7.30):
Matt
Tom B

Tom’s car (leaving from wherever works for Tom):
Sarah
Sean
George

I still think Sunday more reliably dry!

1 Like

Works for me! Looks like the sun’s out tomorrow (at a balmy 4 degrees) so hopefully not too damp…

Hello!

I recently joined the club and at the moment I’m mainly buildering around V5/6C

If the trip would fall on Sunday I would be very happy to join you guys! If there is no space no problem.

Tobi

If you guys are driving up Sunday to the peak, I’ll have to give it a miss, I’ll probably just stay local and climb around Yorkshire.

Let’s stick with sat so binit can make it (sorry Tobia - unless you can do say?)

Still need to decide on location tho… will think more today and post some thoughts