North Wales Jubilee WK

Sorry, been off comms. Very happy to drive up Wednesday afternoon instead of Thursday morning if helpful. @FrenchMatt and @LIon, is that good for both of you?

Am flexible about timings. Whenever you’re both ready. As stated, I am near Hemel Hempstead. Happy to pick up from a convenient station. Hemel Hempstead/ kings Langley are on the line from Euston. If that’s difficult to get to, I can pick up from a convenient location on M1. If that still doesn’t work, we could go up the M40. I can then pick up from suitable stations along the M25.

Suggest, Matt and Lottie, that you confer, and figure out what works for you.

Hi Che, no worries at all.
I think @Daniel and his partner were keen on going Wednesday evening so I thought they would come with you after all as you said you 1/2 space. @Daniel can you confirm?
Lottie, Marine and I would go with @ducle on Thursday morning.

That’s fine with me. @Daniel? Two of you to come with me Wednesday p.m.? Can you get to any of the locations I mentioned?

I am very excited to go climbing! Despite variable weather. Should be up Weds eve. Will supply 1x evening meal.
@Che request sung post- dinner light entertainment pls.

@Daniel and partner. My number is 07814578869. Do please WhatsApp me, and we can discuss pickup.

I’ll also be up this weekend with my son, Tom. It’s been a while since I’ve been up to the hut and I look forward to seeing some old and new faces.

I’d offer to join the lift pool but we’re heading up from Ely, which isn’t really on anyone’s way anywhere…

Cheers,

Steve

Nick I think @Roman still has a free spot if you want to cadge a lift

Thanks @George.

@Roman - Could I catch a lift with you please?

Hi, as there is a decent chance I won’t go (don’t feel that good today, covid test is negative, probably just a cold but will decide whether to go or not tomorrow morning), I cannot promise to cook a dinner, sorry about that
Probably it would be best if someone could take over this responsibility

Hi Nick! Sure, if don’t mind being squashed for few hours :smile: technically car is designed for 5 people. We can squeeze you in

@Roman - Thank you! But sadly I’m now having to cover night shift at work on Thursday and everyone seems to be getting covid again :frowning: Wales trip has been snatched away from me at the last minute :sob:

Alright, I am going to cook tomorrow evening then.
I changed my mind and thinking of a Big shepherds pie. Any vegetarian/vegan ?

have booked the pub for tomorrow for 7.30pm.

Thanks to all for a fun weekend, especially the drivers and chefs, even if George did follow the great NLMC tradition of getting stuck up a crag until 10pm when it was her turn to cook!

5 Likes

:slight_smile: good thing I had the foresight to pre-roast the day before.

Look at this absolute trooper @LIon

3 Likes

:joy: that fucking wind

I did, despite what this photo suggests, have a great day

1 Like

Thank you everyone (but not the f**king midges) for this cracking weekend! I really had a great time and looking forward to the next one!

what a superb trip, marred only by the poor weather on sunday. lovely to be back at the cottage and lovely to see you guys again. massive thanks to the drivers who made it all come together. :grin: heres a photo of the happiest man in the world!

2 Likes

That was brilliant, thank you so much guys!
My first proper outdoor trad! At some point on the crag my leg started to twitch, and there was lots of words going round hopefully nobody overheard me😁 Martin, a massive thank you for taking me out and looking after me!

And talking about the food, it was so tasty! Thanks frenchMatt and George

1 Like