New Members Meet - April 13th-14th

Hi Roddy,

Are you about this Thursday evening? I will be there with Matt G for a short session from 6 ish

Cheers

Less than 2 weeks until the meet!

@Hugh_Hudson are you still planning to come and are you happy to drive? If so, can you finish updating the spreadsheet?

Likewise for @tommylees112, if you could just finish updating the diet etc, that would be awesome.

Thanks guys!

We also need volunteers to make breakfast!

Breakfast each morning and dinner on Saturday are traditionally communal in the cottage, so this is your chance to wow us with your culinary skills. Each meal will need a veggie option. Please see the spreadsheet for details.

I will be cooking the diner on Saturday eve as I will be doing my own thing on the day and will be back to the cottage before you lot, so leave it with me (it will most likely be a chili of some sort, with rice).

For breakfast, we usually do porridge and/or eggs/halloumi/sausages and toast.

Matt G and I will be doing the shopping on Friday as we should be arriving “early”, so don’t worry about this.

We will just need cooking volunteers Saturday and Sunday morning!

Looking forward to see/meet you all!

1 Like

More than happy to cook breakfast one of the mornings!

How are the lifts sorted out? Do passengers need to choose a driver from the spreadsheet and reach out to them? Or does the trip organiser match them up?

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Thanks @JackCJ !

Good point, please reach out to the drivers and sort out your lift please!

Hi all,

I’m not a member of the club yet but I’d be keen on joining. I normally climb at The Castle 3 times a week and have been sport climbing outdoors for 2 years. I’d also be up for coming on the trip (or added to the waiting list as I think it may be full).

@FrenchMatt I don’t think I’ll be able to make The Castle on Monday the 8th. Would anyone from the club be around on Wednesday / Thursday for a chat/safety check?

If it’s too late notice I can catch people at the Castle at one of the other meets.

Hi Nick,

Yes please add you name to the spreadsheet just in case.

I won’t be able to make any other day next week but there is usually people around on Wednesday evening, so I would suggest dropping a message on the Monday at the Castle,(Castle Monday Night Meets).

If timing doesn’t work out this time, don’t worry, there will be more meets you can join in. And there will be another “New Members one” in September.

Cheers,

Matt

Yes still planning on coming! Will finish the sheet nown

I think we will definitely need your car Hugh as most of the drivers are outside of London…!

Everyone! The meet is this weekend and the weather is not looking too bad!

To all still in need of a lift, please contact the drivers and sort it out, so they know whom to expect!

Just updated doc: I have two spaces, leaving from North London on Friday, ideally early (2-3ish?).

Text/WhatsApp me on +447565083390 so we can sort it out.

Edit: I’ll also be at the castle tonight, if you need a partner I should be available, happy to discuss objectives etc.

Thanks @Rufus_Lawrence! I have updated the Driver’s tab with your details too.

@houston_n I have put you on the list for now as Hannah can’t make it. There might be some people around on Wednesday at the Castle to check your belay, if you are still keen!

1 Like

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately I’ve got some unforeseen personal matters to attend to this weekend now so will need to wait and join the next new members opportunity :frowning:

Best,
Roddy

No worries at all Roddy! You don’t need to wait until the September New Members meet. You are more than welcome to join the Peak District meet the 20-21 April or any other, as long as someone check your belay before hand!
See you around!

1 Like

@FrenchMatt That’s great there’s space, I’m still keen to come!

I’m not currently in London atm and will only be free to head to The Castle on Thursday evening is the only thing.

Hi folks, can I leave my 40m gym rope at home or do I need to bring it? I have all the other equipment listed above. Thanks

I’d wait and see what the forecast is doing as it’s a bit uncertain right now. If it’s really bad we might go to the Beacon Climbing Wall, but I don’t think it’s that bad and we are probably covered for climbing ropes for outdoor trad.

Ah ok, yeah just seen, looks quite windy! Ok cool, thanks for confirming about the rope too.

I have one more space in my car if anyone needs it!

Leaving NW London on Friday eve

Just wondering how much food to bring? Is the idea that breakfast and dinners are sorted but we need to bring lunches, crag snacks etc? Are there shops nearby?

Yes, breakfasts and diner on Saturday will be provided.
Anything else is for you to bring. I am not aware of any shop nearby, a lot of us usually shop before hand or in a Waitrose at a petrol station stop on the way!