New Members Meet 17/18 September : Snowdonia

Hi @khalidqasrawi, I’m taking the train to Warrington and then meeting Rachel there late Friday eve, and then we’ll be driving over. So happy to pick one or two up from Warrington if that helps :slight_smile:

I could probably leave from Russell Square at 4:15pm for meeting up

Thanks @Alison and @hkirk777 for lift offers. It’s looking like we should be just okay for the time being but good to have a backup. :smile:

@toby thanks for the offer of a lift!I think maybe this forum doesn’t allow private messages, or I can’t work out how anyway. When and where are you intending to leave? I’m flexible. Feel free to message me here, or my email is james.jrg@gmail.com.

Thanks - @Peter let me know if that’s OK with you. :slight_smile:

I can take my car if that makes things easier.

Thanks David. All good for now but the one thing I know is that it will all change before tomorrow!

Dinner booked for 20 at the Tyn-y-Coed, Capel Curig for 7:30pm Saturday night. Remember sunset in Snowdonia will be 7:25pm. Don’t be the team walking into the pub at 10:30pm straight off the mountain sans headtorch!

Looks like there’s a brand new stagecoach too!

@James_Gregory, @jelaby, @jrtomlins You got mail! Arrangements for this evening are in your inbox. Let me know if there are any issues. See you later. Toby

I’ve just got to call out that there’s a warning in the mountain forecast, for strong sun. A good day to be leaving London! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/mountain-forecasts/snowdonia#?tab=mountainWarnings

1 Like

Okay, I think all the car swapping has settled down. None of you have given me names for your cars so I arbitrarily assigned numbers to them! Shout if any of the following isn’t right. It’d be a shame to leave someone behind. See you all this evening. :smile:

Car 1 - Leaving from Oakwood tube station at 6:15pm
@Peter, Enfield, Driver
@dabarlow David, Enfield
@jmeldrum Jonathan Meldrum
@h.pickup Harriet Pickup

Car 2 - Leaving SE23 Friday afternoon
@toby Driver
@jrtomlins, needs lift, west london
@James_Gregory
@jelaby Paul Mealor

Car 3 leaving from Holloway 4pm-5pm
@warwick
Jon
@Mikael - joning at Bounds Green tube

Car 4 leaving from Warrington
@Omar
Rachel Balding

The rest are travelling independently
@khalidqasrawi, Angel 3-4pm, car, not returning Sunday
@hkirk777 Harriet, arriving from Leeds
@notgnarly Ian, arrivng Saturday afternoon
@Alison coming for Saturday
@ypsell, Yvonne arriving Sat am from Macc
@Allan_Leslie Walking scrambling, leaving early Friday from Teddington
@Zoe and Josh may join us
@mortim91 (Tom) is doing the welsh 3 peaks and may be able to join us on Saturday evening

Hi Khalid, the Bigger pack are planning to come along until Sunday morning.
We will bring the van so can sleep in that. Don’t worry about pub booking
on Saturday if not possible, we can sort something else out. Planning to go
climbing on Saturday, kids will also be climbing but available to point
people at routes if required, can sort out tonight, cheers, Lucy

If anyone has a spare harness, please could you bring it. I realise I’ve left mine at Mile End. Thanks.

1 Like

Oh dear jt! I’ve got one and you caught me just before leaving home - I’ll
bring it.

Thanks to everyone for a brilliant weekend. Main Wall yesterday with Warwick, Mikael and Dave was a really special climb. Full on Alpine experience with glorious exposure, holds and protection all the way. If you haven’t done it, you should!

@khalidqasrawi I hope you got your quick draws back via Dave? Thanks for the loan. @Alison your helmet is on the shelves in the cottage ready for you to collect next time you’re there.

Anyway, thanks again everyone. Great climbing in (rare in my experience) Snowdonia sunshine, with good company to boot. @khalidqasrawi how do I join?! Tell me and I’ll get on it.

Jon

1 Like

I agree totally with Jon, the Main Wall was a great little adventure! @khalidqasrawi, thanks for setting me up with Dave for that climb!

Agree twas a great weekend. Saturday was good but I especially enjoyed the less challenging Sunday with Mickael, Jon and Warwick. Cwrn Las to ourselves in good weather and a superb route; makes you want to get our again soon as.
And Mikael, thank you; I was desperatelying keen to get up there and it didn’t disappoint
I also need to thank Yvonne for getting me through Saturday.

A great weekend. Thanks to all the members for helping out and all the new members for coming and trying us out. I had a really fun time. Two new crags for me, Clogwyn y Tarw on Saturday and Craig Ddu on Sunday. A bonus.

To the potential new members, today is the best time to join. If you join soon, let’s say this week, we will refund the cost of your hut fees against your club membership fee and given that joining us is half price for your first year, it makes it a steal given that individual membership is £38.50 normally.

Club membership gives you free use of the club hut, invitations to the regular club meets and BMC membership which has a whole host of other benefits.

To join the NLMC, follow this link. http://www.nlmc.co.uk/meet-with-us/
You need two sponsoring members. Ask me, I’m happy to sponsor you and let me know if you are struggling to find a 2nd. You can use private messages here if you don’t have contact details.

If you do want to join, remember that the hut is maintained by us members and going on working meets is how we keep it in tip top condition. There is a working meet 8/9 Oct which you would be most welcome to come to.

There were a few items left behind. Let me know by Friday if you are missing something and I’ll bring it back.

All the best for and thank you again.

Hi Ian,

I heard you are out and about up north. I’d love to join you if you’re heading anywhere accessible from Warrington way. email rachel.balding at gmail.com