New Members Meet 17/18 September : Snowdonia

@khalidqasrawi

Initially I said I could leave anytime on Friday, but turns out I won’t be able to leave until 5:30pm because of work. Sorry!

Yeah, massive shame but I’d totally forgotten I have a race on Sunday (thought it was the following week!), so shall have to join you guys another time.

I will be there. I’m planning on taking the car, leaving Forest Hill (London SE23) on Friday afternoon. I have rack and ropes.

I’m still interested in coming this weekend but looks like I won’t make it to the wall this evening. If anyone could give me a lift I’m happy to get a train to whichever bit of London someone is driving from, as long as I have some notice as to the time and place!

Hi Khalid, All,

I was a member some years ago and keen to rejoin. I am planning to come with my buddy Jon. We have ropes, gear etc and I will be driving up, leaving from near the Castle (Holloway) at about 4 or 5pm on Friday. Happy to take another person or two in my big car / small van. I know the way.

We’re also keen to climb with others - both of us are Snowdonia newbies(ish) and not climbing that hard anyway.

Cheers
Warwick./

1 Like

Sorry you can’t make it this weekend @Binit-Shah. Hope to see you at the cottage in the next few weeks.

Remember that the weekend of the 8/9 Oct is the working meet which is a great fun social weekend and also a time to give a bit back to the club by joining in with the regular maintenance of the club properties.

Hi Anthony and Kate.

Sorry you can’t make it to the new members meet. The next one will be in the spring. The dates will be published later in the Autumn. Before then, do join us on a Wednesday evening at Mile End for a social climb and a drink at the Palm Tree afterwards.

Hi @Kate_Gilbert.

Sorry you can’t make it to the new members meet but good like with your race (running, bike)?

The next new members meet will be in the spring. The dates will be published later in the Autumn. Again, feel free to join us on a Wednesday evening at Mile End for a social climb and a drink at the Palm Tree afterwards.

see you there then!! how exciting!

Time to start the organisation process. How does this sound folks?

Car 1 - Leaving from Oakwood tube station at 6:15pm
@Peter, Enfield, Driver
@dabarlow David, Enfield, car?
@Mikael, Camden, needs lift after 5:30pm - can you get to O
@James_Gregory central London, needs lift

Car 2 - Leaving SE23 Friday afternoon
@toby Driver
@jrtomlins, needs lift, west london?

Car 3 leaving from Holloway 4pm-5pm
@warwick
Jon

The rest are travelling independently
@khalidqasrawi, Angel 3-4pm, car, not returning Sunday
@hkirk777 Harriet, Leeds, car
@notgnarly Ian, arrivng Saturday afternoon, needs lift from Betwys-y-Coed
@Alison coming for Saturday
@ypsell, Yvonne arriving Sat am from Macc
@Allan_Leslie Walking scrambling, leaving early Friday from Teddington (car), not returning Sunday

I’d like to come. I can drive, leaving from Redhill at 5:30; I could pick people up at, say, Heathrow. Returning to Surbiton on Sunday.

I will be there but coming from Chester (if it was winter I’d have the fire on for you). Have full rack but not climbed in 10 years (except a couple of recent trips to the wall) so gear is a bit old.

Does it make sense for me to go with Toby to split people more evenly between cars? I’m probably closer to a place in SE23 than Oakwood, though either is fine

I can meet up with @Peter at Oakwood station, no problem. Might even be able to make it a little bit earlier than 5:30pm.

Hi there,

Sorry for delay to reply - I’d really like to join if it’s not too late and plans can work with transport. My details are below:

Name: Jonathan Meldrum
Your level of experience: have done a few outdoor sport climbing trips
Where you are leaving from and what the earliest time you can get away on Friday night: I’ll be free from 5pm at Euston, more than happy to travel anywhere for pickup
What climbing gear you have: harness, belay device and carabiner, 35m and 70m rope
How you heard about the club: recommendation!

Cheers!

Jonathan

Hi - is it too late to join? Just seen this.

Hattie Pickup
Been on a few trad trips, seconding (not very good!).
Central but flexible - free from c.5.30
Harness, helmet, ATC/karabiner
Forwarded by a friend

Thanks!
Hattie

Hi, I will be in North Wales this weekend with my friend Rachel, and we were wondering if we could hook up with you guys up in Wales.

My details:
Omar Qadir
Seconded trad once before, done some sport climbing outdoors, can lead belay
Able to meet in North Wales (will have car)
Harness, Helmet, ATC, Biner, Nutkey and some cord (for prusicks)
Saw the article on the BMC

Rachel:
Rachel Balding
Can lead trad, working towards Single Pitch award, MOD certified instructor for top-roping
Able to meet in North Wales (will have car)
Harness, Helmet, Rope, Trad Rack (although light on Cams)
Heard about it from a friend.

We’ll have tents so no problem if the cottage is already full.

Thanks very much!
Omar

Hello Khalid

I see you are getting quite a few last minute changes.

If you are very short of car spaces please let me know as I may be able to
arrange to give someone a lift up on Friday evening.

Coming back is more of a challenge as I’ll be in Kendal on Sunday. But if there
are people driviing along the A55 that could offer lifts as far as Warrington I
could meet people there on my way past on Sunday evening.

Or there is a train at 18:03 from Betwys that gets to Chester via Llandudno and
I could pick up in Chestert.

Cheers

Alison

I can give lifts along the A55 if necessary :slight_smile:

Getting closer now. I will be tempted to look at the forecast later and start thinking about crag choice for Saturday!

A few changes to the cars:-

• @jelaby to ride with Toby
  • @James_Gregory also switching to Toby’s car (I suggest you two liase to work out logistics)
  • @jmeldrum to go with Peter
  • @Kiwidave to make travel independently from Chester
  • @h.pickup could go with Peter but that makes 5 in his car

@Omar where and when are you leaving from? Perhaps you have space?
Alternatively if @warwick can leave a little later and take someone, that could work. @Mikael, when is the earliest you can leave? Maybe you go with @warwick

All getting very busy. I expect it will all have settled down by tomorrow afternoon!
I’ll keep monitoring and rejigging.