Mid Wales/ Southern Snowdonia meet

There’s 6 on the spreadsheet that I assume are getting the train as cars from London look full. @BenWhetton presume Ben’s car could take at least 2 passengers? In which case think everyone should fit in cars to crags

Is it possible we can decide if bbq is an option on by Wednesday? I need to avoid gluten and dairy so I need to plan due to the remoteness and not being one of the drivers

@MattGee Thursday is better for me please. Would you like to climb or are you just wanting to check my belaying?

@sanks. Yes of course no problem. Hitchin rail station Saturday 6am. Ate you ok with dogs?

Both if that’s ok with you! :slight_smile:

Hi All,
looks like I won’t be able to make it this weekend - so I’ll remove myself from the spreadsheet.
Might slightly simplify car logistics or make space for someone else. Should be a good weekend - have fun!

Hey, I’m driving back from Wales on Sunday if anyone wants a lift back to London?

Hi John,

Thank you and parents for the use of the farm for the meet.

I am actually climbing the following week in North Wales with Che from the club staying at the cottage.

Che is driving up from London on Saturday, I am driving to the cottage on Friday so I can drop off my kit for the week there. I was then going to drive from cottage on Sat morn to meet up with you and can give a lift for 3 people to the crag.

I had originally intended to stay at the farm on Sat night but I’ve realised that Che has not signed up for this meet. So if there is space for him because people have dropped out then the plan would be stay otherwise we will drive back to the cottage on Sat night.

Thanks for organising.
Ian L

Great. Happy to climb and catch. I can be there between 5h30 and 6h30 and stay for around 2 hours. Please pop me a whatsapp on 07563133117 so I can be in contact with you

Great, will pop you a message

So are there any more cars going from London?
I see there are trains I can catch from Euston to Caersws.
How late is it acceptable to arrive there and get a lift to your place @johnw1 ?

I’ve made a WhatsApp sub-group for this meet. Added the people whose numbers I have – if you haven’t been added you’ll find the group in the usual place within the WhatsApp community :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the last train gets in around 10.30pm
I can pick people up then no problem.
I can also pick up for earlier trains as well, of course. Its not far.

Do check the trains from Marylebone via solihull for a cheaper option. You will end up on the train from Birmingham to Caersws either way

Hi Ian. I’m sure we can fit Che in

Vans can stay in the yard at the farm. It’s no problem

I’m going to do the bbq Saturday night if people are up for it.

I’ll go shopping tomorrow. I’ll make loads of salad and get bread rolls and meat/ veggie options.

If you all could indicate may/ veggie on the spread sheet plus any other dietary requirements.

If anyone wants/ is able to bring anything to add to the feast, please do :slight_smile:

I’ll set up a kitty but i don’t think it will be mega bucks

2 Likes

Thanks for organising John. I’ve added a column for dietary stuff. I am gluten and lactose free but I will bring my own bread. BBQ stuff otherwise is usually fine but please look out for wheat/gluten, sometimes hidden in sausages/burgers.

It looks like Tom and I can borrow a car and will likely both be there. Will confirm extra car and car space as soon as we can x

Hello all. Sorry for my radio silence. Yes, I would love to join you all. Am travelling up on Saturday, I have a car which will be more use in getting folks to crags on Sunday than on Saturday. I believe I’m sharing a tent with Ian, so space oughtn’t be in question. As for the barbecue (my thanks!) I am a meat eater, and will complete the spreadsheet now

… Though I see the spreadsheet is full. If I can’t join the party that’s fine, but if I could be told, that would be super.