Mid Wales/ Southern Snowdonia meet

Thanks Matt- please could someone add me to the chat? Just finished my membership payment but not sure if there is anything else to do in order to finalise it?

From memory Iā€™ve done the arete with halves and with a single ?60m. Halves be better for the lower pitches. Did back off one time as was greasy as anything. Canā€™t remember much gear but was a while back, think moved together on the upper part

1 Like

Thanks Chiz!

Actually Tomā€¦there isnā€™t a specific chat for this meet yet! Iā€™ll let the Membership Secretary take over on adding you to the overall Whatsapp.

For the train option, go from Marylebone and search ā€œvia Solihullā€ that should give you the cheaper chiltern line trains. Should be about Ā£50 but may depend which time you leave London.

1 Like

Itā€™s great that this is so popular, but Iā€™m going to have to put a limit on numbers now.
Also, there are not quite enough cars to get us to the crag. I can take 5 at a push

After the table top there is a short pitch then itā€™s really moving together ground along the rest of the arete.
Please also bear in mind that while not technically difficult routes like cyfwry require knowledge of alpine rope work.
Ditto Pencoed pillar which can be downright dangerous despite the grade.

Nice, thanks John

I think we have one more car coming. Ben? Not from London but can do lifts to the crag

1 Like

Thanks John!

Given more than expected numbers what will dinner plans be? Usual pub affair?

Josh, I note that you are allocated to my car; could you confirm what time you can get to Oakwood station next Friday?

Hey John, i am a bit last minute but can i still join?:slight_smile: on a different note, i somehow still have your crampons lol

Hey Peter, I can get there any time you want me to. Iā€™ll be coming from turnpike lane so should be an easy enough journey. If you can let me know what time youā€™d like to leave Iā€™ll make sure Iā€™m there.

Thanks!

Thanks Josh, we are aiming for 5pm at Oakwood. Could you share me your mobile number, so that I can include you on a trip-car WhatsApp group?

Yeah, Iā€™ve been wondering what to do about that since there are quite a few of us. Probably too many to cook at the house, unfortunately, although I havenā€™t ruled out the possibility of a bbq. Weather seems kind of ok so far!

There is a pub in Carno but i donā€™t think they will be able to accommodate all of us. Then there is a pub at dinas mawddwy for those climbing in craig cywarch and pubs and a good chip shop in Dolgellau for cadair idris.

Just checking the car situation.
I make it 25 of us (if we are going to include Lorenzo :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:) . Dale and Yvonne have their van and there are 5 possibly 6 cars with Benā€™s car. I can take 4 passengers. What about the other cars?

Iā€™m coming down early Saturday morning in my van and can take 2 persons to the crag if needed.

Is there anywhere close by I can park up for Saturday night John?

Rich

Hi @MattGee. I am. Last week was a shitshow but I could do Wed/Thurs PM if that suits you?

Hi @Rich. I see youā€™re leaving from Hitchin. Iā€™m in Brookmanā€™s park area and can get to you fairly easily by train. Could I catch a ride with you? I can aim to be there by 6AM

Hi @Sanks , sure, Wednesday PM works for me, I could also do Thursday, and change between either at short notice. Happy to provide rope unless itā€™s no bother for you to bring one (cos yours is almost certainly better than mineā€¦!).