March 2/3 weekend peak meet

What about the Thorpe Farm Bunkhouse that we stayed in two weekends ago - Guy, was the £15 per night fee fixed irrespective of the number of people? It was a handy 20min walk to the Little John pub, which shows the rugby.

Hi peter,

Yes it was - would highly recommend (at least if it’s empty again lol).

Guy

Fine with me Peter. Think Ben and I are likely to travel up Saturday morning though.

Sounds like a good idea, that’s what we did two weeks ago. I could call the bunk house to check availability once we have an idea of numbers - can you let me know as soon as you know re Ben and his girlfriend?

I loved Millstone so much yesterday that I’m tempted to stop by on the Sunday if a partner could be persuaded to meet me for a day of jamming?

Yours

Crack Climbing’s New Number 1 Fan

1 Like

Hi Peter, it’s just Ben, but another friend may also want to join.

I have booked for 4 at Thorpe Farm bunkhouse for Saturday 23rd night. What shall we do about eating that evening? Last time we booked a curry in Hathersage, which was good; alternatively we could try and book to eat at the Scotsman, or have more basic and allegedly iffy food at the Little John where we are watching the rugby - my vote would be one of the first two.

God the weather looks amazing this weekend I’m so jealous!

The Scotsman was fully booked for dinner on Saturday, so if you wanted to eat there you’d def need to book in advance. We went to the LJ and had decent food in my humble opinion (although by that point the beer was more important :blush:)

Nice one Peter. Anton is definitely up for it as well so that would make 5, is this a problem?

Happy to eat anywhere, I find I climb better having not had a curry the night before though!

It shouldn’t be, I can’t get hold of the bunkhouse at the moment; it would obviously be good if we could get a sixth person, for even numbers.

I’ll volunteer to make up the numbers to a six!

Always up for a curry, but if Matt wants to pull hard the next day then I suggest the Scotsman as the food apparently is good

Am run off my feet but will fill in Google doc later today.

Good show Kenny; do you wish to stay with us in the Thorpe Farm bunkhouse (walking distance from Hathersage)?

Shall I try and book a table for 6 at the Scotsman?

That would be great if you could Peter. Are they showing the rugby?

Hi Peter, yes that would keep things straightforward I think. I am a bit lost , is someone in charge of booking the group in or should I contact them and add myself?

I’ll do it and let you know Kenny

Matt, I don’t believe that The Scotsman will show the rugby, it’s too posh for that, but it’s only 10minutes walk from the Little John pub where the rugby will be showing.