Lake district meet - 31 July/1 August

From a quick look at the sheet looks like we have 3 needing lifts from London and 5 (if Lottie comes) needing lifts back to London. That should be fine based on Paul taking 3(4 if Lottie comes) and Che taking someone.

Guy

Hi Paul.

Can confirm Chris and I are have booked for Preston, both of us should be there by 9pm.

Agree we should grab any food options we can for the Saturday night.

Good luck everyone!

Max

Oops I spoke to soon - didnā€™t realise chris and max were being picked up en route. Looks like we are potentially one space shortā€¦

I can also pick up some one from Uxbridge or thereabouts / or bring them back if needed (will be starting from Oxford around lunch time to try to get there earlyā€¦)

Checking the sheet, it looks like @Miguel @Tobia_Zantedeschi @George_T were getting a lift to/from London from Peter who canā€™t make itā€¦ and @LIon needs a lift back to Londonā€¦

So, if one person can get a lift with Che and one more with Paul (whoā€™s picking up Max and Chris from Preston), I can take two or maybe 3 peopleā€¦

@Tobia_Zantedeschi had already booked his place in my car :slight_smile:

If someone (e.g. @ducle) could take @Max_A and @ChrisLend from Preston at 9pm on Friday, and can take @ChrisLend back to Preston on Sunday, then I would be able to offer 1 extra space (or 2 at a squeeze) on Sunday

So how about:

I would take Tobia+whoever on Friday and Max+Tobia+whoever on Sunday
Che takes 2 or 3 of Miguel, George and Lottie (the other comes with me)
Duc collects Max+Chris and drops Chris at Preston

Have I missed anyone?

Yep, that works for me!

All works for me. Well done Paul on the decisive lift organisation!

Sounds like a plan

Hey guys. I really do only have room for one, as I put in the spreadsheet. Iā€™m packing for two trips, and am driving a Polo. Sorry to throw a spanner in the works!

I can take @LIon back on Sunday, so then @Che can take either @Miguel or @George_T (with the other going with @jelaby)ā€¦?

Works for me. I await instructions.

Oh! Hereā€™s the unhelpful cavet: Iā€™m not coming back down south!

Itā€™s a bit late in the day for me to be booking Friday off work which it looks like Iā€™d need to do to get to any of the drivers for when youā€™re looking to leave. Iā€™ll keep an eye on the thread for how things progress but may have to count me as a drop out sadly.

Shame to be miss out so will take a look at transport alternatives though

Iā€™ll join last minute on the other hand.

Driving from London this afternoon (~6ish), bivvy somewhere along the way tonight, stay at campsite Saturday night.

@George_T is along for the ride, if anyone else still needs a lift, feel free to join, got 2 more spaces. Leaving from Finsbury park at around 6pm.

Wonā€™t be checking this much, so just whatsapp me on 07474946349

Hi everyone,

Sadly Catrin and I are going to have to go back to Edinburgh tonight. Weā€™re absolutely exhausted from our wedding and need to sort out a number of issues with our renovations before work starts next week.

Andrea Doyle is the contact at the campsite (chapel house farm). I told her 8 tents and four cars (inc Paul and Jessā€™ van) on the Friday and 9 tents and 5 cars on the sat so you should be all set. Youā€™ll be camping in the overflow field rather than the main campsite.

Iā€™ve paid Ā£50 deposit so make sure that is deducted from final fees before you leave.

Hope you all have a great weekend and sorry to be missing it. The weather looks alright on the Saturday at least! Itā€™s been pissing it down the last few days so a quick drying crag is probably a good shoutā€¦

Cheers,

Guy

1 Like

Cheers Guy, and sorry youā€™ll miss it. Had no takers for a space in my motor, so see everyone up there.

Hi all

Jess and I checked in to the campsite this afternoon - important stuff to know!

1. We are in the overflow part which is on the opposite side of the road from the main campsite.
  2. Donā€™t follow the postcode on your sat nav, this will take you off the main road too early. The campsite is just off the main road.
  3. We have parked the Kangoo near the portaloos. Feel free to congregate there. Our new van(!!!) may or may not also be there by the time you arrive.
  4. Please bring cash! This is important! It is Ā£9 per night per person. Deduct Ā£5 if you already paid a deposit. I may end up collecting cash - will sort it in the morning.
1 Like

Also if there is any confusion about the booking just say the magic words ā€œGUY ARNOLDā€ and all will be well

@PaulSagar did you get a vibe for turning up late? Lada and I currently gonna bivvy just south of the lakes but would push through if the campsiteā€™s chill

It will be ok, the campsite us busy but there is plenty of room in the overflow field. Are located past the line of portaloos on the opposite side of the field, head right through the gate.