Lake district meet - 31 July/1 August

Does the camp site have a deadline by which we have to arrive by?

They havenā€™t said that but their website says if you arrive late (after 10.30) you should walk from your car with tent rather than driving up to pitch.

From memory other campsites in the lakes are more restrictive still.

I would also enjoy to join the Lake district party! After all this climbing on plastic I would be keen in any outdoor adventure. I have to see if I can be free from Friday afternoon though, definitely for the weekend.

Iā€™m keen - hoping the campsite is available!

Hi all Iā€™d be well up for joining this meet! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone - I know it seems a long way off still but as it is the lakes I need to Book soon. Minimal commitment required donā€™t worry.

Could you fill in the spreadsheet THIS WEEKEND if you want to come.

Guy

we are a mostly yes - but wouldnā€™t come up until Sat morning unless Daleā€™s work commitment change. So would only need to camp the Sat evening.

Obviously my entry on the spreadsheet of ā€œGuy and Jessā€ is a rather disturbing Freudian slip

Hi everyone - Iā€™ve booked the campsite but I need to pay a Ā£50 deposit by chequeā€¦

Could everyone staying on the Friday night transfer me Ā£5? 04-00-04, 63343799.

Will be deducted from fees when we get there. Obviously if itā€™s horrendous weather we can cancel and will lose the deposit but hopefully Ā£5 wonā€™t break the bankā€¦

Guy

Something has come up which means I wonā€™t be able to make the meet anymore. I have removed myself from the spreadsheet.

Hi. Sorry, late to the party. I would like to make it but coming from York and without a car, and with not many cars driving to/ from London, this is going to be challenging :thinking:

Hey. Iā€™m also late and interested. I would be able to drive from London, Max. Probably going Friday and back on Sunday if its at all feasible

Great glad to have you on board guys. Iā€™ll add two people to the booking and one extra car?

Only had one five pound so far!! Keep them coming. Ideally will send cheque today

Done. I will finish at work on Friday at 16:00 than I could meet with someone going up to the lakes and leaving from London.

Tobia

Paid! Sorry for the delay, COVID + starting a new job has caused major brain fog!

Hi all,

Will sort lifts closer to the time but I think if Paul M is coming that means we have two cars coming from London which should be fine for the way there and back.

I would encourage as early a departure as poss to avoid dealing with irate Cumbrian farmers on arrival (my wedding is happening on the land of one of them so I can attest to their general hatred of anyone who is not local and wants to pay them money).

@Max_A if you could get a train to somewhere near the Lakes from York then Catrin and I can pick you up Iā€™m sure.

Am sending off the cheque today and will include @Max_A and @jelaby unless they raise a strong objection!

Cheers,

Guy

I am still unsure if I can make it, as Iā€™m away the week before and we donā€™t yet know where we will be (chasing the sun!)

Would I be able to confirm closer to the time?

Yeah Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s fine. Just need to reserve for a decent number and we should be able to add a few more onā€¦

Guy

Having said that, the campsite woman is now saying no more after the two I just added (Paul and Max) so @LIon you may have to make separate arrangements with her.

She isnā€™t the friendliestā€¦

Guy

Thanks for handling the campsite, Guy. Iā€™ve just transferred Ā£5 and filled in the sign up sheet (I hopeā€¦). Looking forward to it.