GUEST SPEAKER JESSE DUFTON - AGM and dinner - November 2nd/3rd

UPDATE

I am very excited to confirm we will have Jesse Dufton along with his wife, Molly, as our guest speaker at dinner on the Saturday evening.

Jesse Dufton is a blind rock climber best known for his ascent of the Old Man of Hoy, featured in the documentary Climbing Blind. He has also established first ascents in the Arctic, and Moroccan Anti-Atlas mountains, and among his notable trad on-sight leads is International (E3 5c) on the Isle of Skye.

We only have 28 spaces in total for members for dinner; sign up to not miss what will be an amazing talk. Add your name to the sheet (members only for now), and let me know if you need accommodation or not. Dinner will be at the George pub in Hathersage, arrive for 8pm drinks, dinner at 8:30pm, and a menu will be sent out nearer the time for pre-order.

AGM Sign-Up Sheet

The AGM is your opportunity to have your say on the running of the club, and for us all to come together and celebrate the past year of adventures and tomfoolery.

Bring bouldering pads, or trad gear if the Weather Gods see it upon themselves to bless us this year… Swimming gear for the brave.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

5 Likes

Thankyou for telling us that. According to the club website the dinner was to held at the Tyn y Coed. Whilst in Wales this week we asked the pub if this had been confirmed. They told us it hadn’t but needed to be ASAP. We tried to contact the club but got no response so went ahead and made a booking as we wanted to be in Wales for my 75th birthday celebration that weekend. We shall cancel the booking.

There are still 6 spaces for the AGM and dinner :blush:

Sign me up!

We have now filled all the spaces on the sign up sheet. However, as we are a way away from the date, please do add your name underneath in the waiting list, and if anyone drops out we can offer you a place :blush:

This might be a contentious question but will we be able to attend the agm via zoom or equivalent video software?

No sorry, it’s in person only.

I’ve had to drop out which frees up a spot for someone on the waiting list. @Max_A is first in line. Looks like there may be another free spot for @James_Archer too :slight_smile:

Thanks Ben, I’ve promoted my self to the list. There appears to be a second spot if you are interested James?

Hey, realised this is only a couple of weeks away now, do we know where we are staying for the AGM? And shall we start seeing about drivers? Happy to add to the spreadsheet if helpful.

hi guys, unfortunately, cannot participate in the AGM on these dates.I deleted myself from the spreadsheet. have fun!

Hello all! We are a couple of weeks away.

I have booked two bunks at Thorpe Farm, please could everyone now confirm their attendance on the spread sheet (added column). Once confirmed, you are committed to the accommodation cost.

I have a menu for the dinner, which we need to pre-order. I will add these as soon as possible (in Turkey and accessing emails is slow!).

1 Like

Just had to drop out unfortunately, so there’s another spot free.

Have an amazing time everyone! :sparkling_heart: